Lead Warehouse Worker 3rd Shift - $21.25/HR - $1500 Sign On Bonus!(Job Number: 2220281)
Penske Logistics is looking for warehouse associates to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment. Provides support and some supervision to regular and temporary warehouse associate functions. Works closely with Operations Supervisors to ensure employee productivity expectations are met. Provides a variety of responsibilities to meet the supervisors expectations.
Sunday Night to Friday Morning/ 3rd Shift 8:00pm - 6:30am
Pay Rate : $19.25/Hr plus $2.00 Shift Differential
Sign On Bonus: $1,500 - Paid in three increments $500 after 31 days $500 after 61 days $500 after 91 days
Job requirements may include the following where applicable:
- Stage and sort products for loading
- Loads and unloads trailers
- Executes & provides process & project visibility to Operations Supervisor
- Expert in warehouse functions
- Leads & complies with Safety and Well Being efforts on assigned shift
- Opens and closes dock doors
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Sorts and places parts in racks or other designated areas
- Pulling of manual dock chain
- Stacks cardboard boxes and pallets
- Move materials within the warehouse
- Package or kit finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling)
- Electronically scan products using a warehouse management system
- Quality control
- Ensure damaged products are sent out and identify damaged products when received
- Complete daily logs
- Communicate with associates from other shifts
- Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs
- Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets
- Assemble product containers and crates, using hand tools and precut lumber
- Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards
- Uses computer to enter records
- Prepares parcels for mailing
- Maintains inventory records
- Operate forklifts, pallet jacks and a variety of warehouse mechanical equipment (where applicable)
- Operate forklifts or pallet jacks to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment (where applicable)
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.