At DICK’S Sporting Goods, interns have the opportunity to work with and learn from the leaders of a growing Fortune 400 company. DICK’S Sporting Goods is returning to campus this year; to recruit, train and develop top collegiate talent to help fuel the Digital Transformation of a multi-billion-dollar omni-channel business.
During the 11-week summer experience, interns will embark on a meaningful journey and make tangible contributions to the organization’s success. This structured and well-organized program provides on-the-job training, mentorship, classroom instruction, cross-functional departmental exposure, and an end-of-program project presentation.
The Cybersecurity and Digital Trust Intern will be embedded within the following teams throughout the 11-week experience to gain exposure to a wide breadth of capabilities/processes as defined below.
- Consult with technology and security staff to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of hardware, applications, and software.
- Recommend and coordinate the implementation of technical controls to support and enforce defined security policies
- Provide technical expertise for the implementation and management of security tools such as EDR, PKI, enterprise firewalls, and secrets management
Threat Intelligence, Security Operations, & Incident Response
- Perform security event log monitoring and analysis for applications and infrastructure in both DSG and third-party environments to identify possible cybersecurity threats
- Gathering, analyze, and assess the current and future threat landscape to provide a realistic overview of risks and threats in the enterprise environment. Application/Platform Security
- Utilize commercial and open-source intelligence providers to gain insight into adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures, as well as planned activities and emerging motivations
- Participates in security incident response, including incident detection, containment, investigation, eradication, and recovery.
- Develop platforms to identify, assess, and prevent fraudulent omnichannel transactions.
- Protect revenue and bot product acquisition
- Manage web application firewall configuration to prevent web-based attacks such as account takeover, DDoS, malicious code, and other application-based attacks.
- Provide secure-coding expertise to developers
- Identify and mitigate bot traffic
- Identify vulnerabilities across infrastructure, platforms, and applications.
- Create reporting to identify vulnerability risk and remediation priority.
- Partner with engineers and developers to remediate identified vulnerabilities, including providing guidance on root cause and specific remediation actions.
Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC):
- Perform risk assessments of processes and technologies to identify policy compliance and appropriateness of security controls.
- Serve as a second line of defense for PCI and SOX by evaluating control design and effectiveness.
- Create security awareness training content and conduct ethical phishing campaigns.
- Conduct business impact analyses to identify the criticality of business processes
- Document business continuity plans to identify people process, and technology dependencies and how to continue business operations during a continuity event
- Respond to consumer privacy rights requests
Some of your experiences will include: Qualifications
* Multi day intern orientation to introduce you to the company, the program, Pittsburgh, and your classmates
* Professional development workshops designed to increase your knowledge of the company and the retail industry, as well as develop their business acumen and office professionalism
* Extensive exposure to our senior leadership through our exclusive intern only Executive Speaker Series which includes a private meet & greet with our CEO
* Opportunities to “live the brand” and experience summer fun outside the office through various events
* Working a 40 hour work week, Monday – Friday
- Attending an accredited university, college, or technical school
with a major in Cyber Security, Information Sciences & Technology, Computer Science, Management Information systems, or other related majors.
- An interest and passion for cybersecurity and digital trust areas of focus.
- Graduation date of December 2023 or May 2024
Full-time opportunities in 2024:
Interns qualified for full-time opportunities will be evaluated at the end of the program. Qualified interns will be placed into a full-time, development rotational program (Tech Development Program).
Overview of DICK’S Sporting Goods:
Today, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, DICK'S Sporting Goods, Inc. is a leading omni-channel sporting goods retailer offering an extensive assortment of authentic, high-quality sports equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories. The Company operates over 730 DICK'S Sporting Goods locations across the United States, serving and inspiring athletes and outdoor enthusiasts to achieve their personal best through a blend of dedicated associates, in-store services and unique specialty shop-in-shops dedicated to Team Sports, Athletic Apparel, Golf, Lodge/Outdoor, Fitness and Footwear.
DICK’S also owns and operates Golf Galaxy and Public Lands specialty stores, as well as GameChanger, a youth sports mobile app for scheduling, communications, and live scorekeeping. DICK'S offers its products through a content-rich eCommerce platform that is integrated with its store network and provides customers with the convenience and expertise of a 24-hour storefront.