You have a passion for sport, for the community and for customer service. So do we. DICK’S Sporting Goods is seeking a people-first
District Manager to lead operations in the Memphis District.
On our team, everyone plays a critical role providing genuine, helpful, and friendly service to help our athletes perform at their best and enjoy their sport. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve. As a
District Manager you will bring high standards, curiosity, compassion, and the natural desire to develop others to our team. Inspiring your team to regularly exceed expectations.
If you are a high-performing leader who is ready for a new adventure, this is an opportunity to make a difference and join the world’s greatest sports team.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The District Manager is a multi-store leader who communicates and drives the company vision and goals within the stores. They are responsible for driving district sales and financial results and identifying opportunities through root cause analysis. They have a relentless passion for the athlete, brand standards, and the career development of all teammates. The District Manager surrounds themselves with a high performing team to ensure stores excel in brand and operational excellence, athletes are prioritized, and teammates are valued. The District Manager serves as a key field business partner for both the field and CSC while exhibiting the behaviors of an adaptive leader, effective communicator, and fosterer of a growth mindset amongst all teammate levels.
ROLE (MANAGER/ TECHNICAL) RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives profitable sales and business performance by meeting or exceeding established objectives in sales, store contribution, KPIs, expenses, general profit and loss categories, and program metrics. Analyzes data and business trends, past, present, and future.
- Conducts weekly review of store metrics associated with athlete satisfaction, teammate experience and store performance for the entire district. Monitors competitors and has a deep understanding of both industry and market trends as well as the communities they serve.
- Delivers and executes plans that enable store teams to be focused on creating engagement and loyalty in each community. Empowers Store Managers to recognize and align on a selling strategy supportive of the individual store and market needs.
- Connect with Store Managers to ensure planning, organizing, and controlling is happening 30, 60, and 90 days out; partners with their leaders to remove any roadblocks.
- Builds a strong, high-performing team by recruiting, developing, and retaining top talent and ensuring a diverse mix of backgrounds, skillsets, perspectives, and experiences are represented.
- Ensures managers are properly onboarded, trained, and developed for their role, while providing appropriate feedback, recognition, coaching and development. Implements strategic succession plans to develop future District Manager, Store Manager and Assistant Manager growth.
- Demands high standards for self and others by setting clear expectations and direction. Responsible for consistent execution of Company merchandising and presentation standards in every store across the district. Validates the athlete experience is met throughout the district.
- Collaborates and develops strong relationships with business partners, both in the field and at the CSC.
- Responsible for directly managing team in the district with a people-first focus by building trust, actively listening, and dedicating time to teammates. Drives the vision, sets direction, and ensures transparent/regular communication with teammates at all levels across the district.
- Leads through coaching and development and infuses learning into day-to-day leading through hands-on-coaching, development, and two-way feedback. Creates regular opportunities for store leaders to interpret data, identify challenges/obstacles, and build solutions/conclusions.
- Creates an inclusive store environment where everyone (teammates and athletes) feels safe, welcome, and encouraged to bring their best self to work. Brainstorms community partnership opportunities with Store Managers to get involved with the community and build relationships with local leaders.
- Engagement Driver
- Talent Developer
- Effective Team Building Skills
- Plans & Aligns
- Strategic Mindset
- Drives Vision & Purpose of store and organization
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
- Decision-Quality/Decision-Making Abilities
- 5-7 Years of District Manager experience (or customer-focused leadership equivalent)
- Microsoft: Office, Word, Excel
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekend, and holidays
- All Teammates are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary
- Travel required to support district operations
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus Programs
- Annual Equity Grant Eligibility
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Company vehicle
- Un-tracked time off
- Relocation when applicable
All Teammates are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary.