Seasonal Sales Associate, Balsam Hill Outlet
Balsam Brands is looking for talented, driven individuals who have retail experience and want to create joy this holiday season! If you are detail-oriented, a great multi-tasker, and someone who rolls up their sleeves to take action and enjoys the retail environment, we hope you consider joining us!
As Sales Associate, you will help create a positive work environment that ensures customer satisfaction, maximizes productivity, and drive sales during our retail season. We are especially excited about candidates who have a proven track record of retail success and creating customer-centric shopping experiences, or who have worked in a return warehouse environment!
This position reports to the Outlet Manager. This is a seasonal full-time position in Burlingame, CA.
What you'll do during our retail season:
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service and selling skills
- Assist with daily store operations and profitability by achieving sales and operating targets
- Accurately complete transactions through the Balsam Hill website and Lightspeed (Point of Sale) systems
- Restock merchandise as needed and perform other daily duties routine to retail
What You Bring to the Table:
- 1 year of retail experience preferred
- Proactive mindset and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Passion for exemplary service
- Great sales skills: retail sales experience a strong plus
- Ability to utilize, leverage, and translate product training when interacting with customer
- Proficiency with iPads, basic computer skills, and basic data entry (data entry very minimal overall)
- Flexibility: willingness to perform other various duties as required
- May assemble and disassemble Christmas trees and other decorations
- May wrap and package trees into boxes/storage bags and assist in loading items into customers' vehicles
- May lift and or move items up to forty pounds
- May occasionally lift and/or move items more than forty pounds with the help of other employees
Notes: This is a temporary position, expected to last through January 13, 2023. Hourly rate starting at $20/hr with signing and retention bonus. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
About Us: Balsam Brands is a global, eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity for those seeking to have a meaningful impact in a people-first company that values relationship building, authenticity, and doing the right thing. We have steadily growing teams in Boise, the Bay Area, Dublin, the Philippines - and most recently, Windsor, Canada!
The company's mission is to create joy together. We empower our team and partners to love what they do, provide products and experiences that inspire meaningful moments with family and friends, and give back to our families and communities in impactful ways. When you join Balsam Brands, you'll find a culture of caring people doing challenging work and building a welcoming workplace.
At Balsam Brands, we strive to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team to fulfill our purpose to create joy together. Balsam Brands is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.