Seasonal Assistant Outlet Supervisor
Balsam Brands is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to assist the Store Supervisor with running our Balsam Hill Outlet retail store in Burlingame, CA. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help ensure that our customers experience the magic of Balsam Hill in an inspired holiday setting, while acting as the Store Supervisor's right hand and receiving management training.
The Assistant Store Supervisor will work with the Store Supervisor to create a positive work environment that ensures customer satisfaction, maximized productivity, and sales. From assisting in managing store associates to operations, inventory management, merchandising, and customer engagement, the Assistant Store Supervisor will help oversee the daily operations of our Outlet Store. We are especially excited about candidates who have a proven track record of retail success and creating customer-centric shopping experiences!
This position will report to the Outlet Manager. This is a seasonal full-time position in Burlingame, CA.
What you'll do:
- Assist with daily store operations and increase profitability by achieving sales and operating targets
- Help develop and inspire a top-performing store team who drive business and exceed customer expectations
- Assist in holding the team accountable for upholding brand values, standards, and policies during Management on Duty (MOD) shifts
- Communicate relevant customer feedback to Store Manager to help develop and execute a strategy to drive sales and build customer loyalty
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service and selling skills
- Communicate openly to create an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect
What you bring to the table:
- Passion for exemplary service and extreme attention to detail
- 2 years' experience with retail store operations with a proven retail sales record
- Honest, enthusiastic, and hard-working, not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Demonstrated conflict management and resolution skills, excellent time management, and organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and able to perform other various duties as required
Notes: This is a temporary position, expected to last through January 2023. Hourly rate of $24/hr with signing and retention bonuses. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
About Us: Balsam Brands is a global, eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity for those seeking to have a meaningful impact in a people-first company that values relationship building, authenticity, and doing the right thing. We have steadily growing teams in Boise, the Bay Area, Dublin, the Philippines - and most recently, Windsor, Canada!
The company's mission is to create joy together. We empower our team and partners to love what they do, provide products and experiences that inspire meaningful moments with family and friends, and give back to our families and communities in impactful ways. When you join Balsam Brands, you'll find a culture of caring people doing challenging work and building a welcoming workplace.
At Balsam Brands, we strive to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team to fulfill our purpose to create joy together. Balsam Brands is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.