Bilingual Field Human Resource Manager - Transportation(Job Number: 2215874)
Bilingual Field Human Resource Manager is a key member of the Operations and HR team, and supports talent management and performance activities, as well as associate and labor relations, compensation equity, and compliance. Working closely with the Area HR Manager, the position will require a proactive approach to ensuring that we are compliant in our HR practices and coaching our managers in executing policies and procedures accurately and fairly. The position requires someone with strong communications/influencing skills who is self-driven, embraces change, and has a comfort level working in a matrixed reporting relationship.
- Supporting 10 locations (States include: OR, CA, CO, TX, TN, IN)
- Available to travel 30- 40%
- Work Location: Hybrid (On-site, Remote, and Home)
- Staffing: Supports recruiting team in resolving issues around requisition accuracy, approval chains, and manager responsiveness. Takes an active role in supporting recruiting activity and partners with recruiting team to advise them on opportunities to access local diverse recruiting sources. Provides compensation recommendations to recruiter. Actively participates in interview process, especially for supervisor and above roles, and reviews all candidates' applications prior to hire.
- Associate Development: Maintains oversight of associate performance and ensures that development plans for those associates are in place. Oversees process for annual talent review and succession plan process and leverages L&D tools accordingly.
- Performance Management: Actively engages management team in performance management process utilizing training tools, coaching, and corrective counseling procedure.
- Training and Development: Communicates and reinforces with management training and development as needed, including performance management, selection skills, safety, workplace violence, harassment in the workplace, equal opportunity, wage and hour laws, diversity & inclusion, leadership, and other focus topics.
- Associate & Labor Relations: Partners with HR Manager and Labor Representative (as needed) in conducting regular location assessments and coach management on the proper interpretation and execution of policies, programs, and procedures. Investigates associate complaints and works with managers/legal/security as appropriate to respond and resolve.
- Wage and Hour: Regularly analyzes associate data, and scans for correct information, compensation parity (Equal Pay Act), FLSA compliance, consistent practices according to Penske policy, etc. Facilitates resolution of payroll issues in a timely manner, taking steps to avoid similar issues in the future.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Support the D&I efforts and encourages managers to foster an inclusive work environment. Ensures managers' understanding of equal opportunity in the workplace.
- Due Diligence: Partner with Area HR Manager in start-up activities for new business and assists in the transition through orientation and onboarding activities.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required
- 4 years Human Resources experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of HR functions and employment law specifically for CA
- Ability to work well independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision; strong sense of urgency
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment
- Adaptable quick learner with the ability to pick up company's systems and processes quickly
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.