Small Engine Mechanic
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Mon - Fri schedule!
Clean work environment!
Supplied tools & uniforms!
Northern Tool + Equipment is a family-owned retailer offering a wide selection of products from consumer goods to industrial and construction equipment. We build lasting relationships with our customers who want to do it on their own to the seasoned pro. With over 120 store locations, we offer trustworthy customer service powered by deep product knowledge. We are looking for a driven mechanic who is a fast learner and takes pride in supporting the team to succeed.
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Small Engine Mechanic services and repairs products that are brought to our store for repair. This position involves working on a variety of equipment such as lawn equipment, generators, commercial pressure washing units, mowers, tillers, and much more. Our Service & Parts department is known for their deep product knowledge and outstanding customer service.
- Source & order parts for customers
- Diagnose and repair small engines/equipment
- Maintain current knowledge of Northern Tool + Equipment's national and private label brands
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- At least one year of experience repairing and maintaining small engines
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- The ability to clearly explain the diagnosis and repair of the machine to our customers
- A commitment to safety and security practices
- The drive to be on a winning team that has the highest integrity and upholds company values
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE
- Certifications in major manufacturer brands like Honda, Generac etc. (which are most common?)
- Knowledge of small engine theory (2 and 4 stroke): lubrication, cooling, ignition and fuel systems
- Experience with electrical systems, plunger driven or axial pressure washer pumps and unloader systems, hydraulic theory, and associated diagnostic equipment and procedures
AT NORTHERN TOOL + EQUIPMENT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wages plus commission
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition assistance and training programs to support your success
- Discounts on store products
- A clean and organized work environment with supplied tools and uniforms
- Laundry service for uniforms!
Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.