Senior Pricing Analyst(Job Number: 2212182)
This Penske Senior Financial Analyst position is a multi-purpose role, Purpose of role is:
- To support the attainment of new business while achieving or exceeding our financial goals.
- To complete the Pricing assignments and workflow in the department.
- To provide experienced based analysis to Penske Logistics Senior Leadership, Penske Solution team members, and Penske Logistics field operations. - Recommendations include identification of pricing risks, explanation of pricing standards, presentation of alternatives, and bringing attention to possible expense recovery gaps in customer proposed pricing.
- To measure new business activity and continually improve the new business pricing processes.
- To support Product Line special projects and research.
- To monitor and update pricing standard factors in pricing templates.
- Develop costing and pricing while working with the Product Line Managers to support business pricing while achieving or exceeding our financial goals
- Act as liaison with Penske Logistics Senior Leadership, Penske Solution team members, and Penske Logistics field operations.
- Support departmental improvement projects in the areas of process management.
- Develop and calculate measures/metrics.
- Analyze, develop, and provide automated solutions.
- Participate in identifying & building processes for cost recovery opportunities
- Participate in solutions development projects
- Development and calculation of measures
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- At least 3 years financial analytics experience required
- At least 3 years of business or operational experience preferred
- Bachelor's in finance, Economics and/or Accounting required
- MBA, CPA or CMA preferred
- Strong analytical skills required
- Independent problem-solving skills required
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Process mapping experience required.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel required
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.