Dock Worker - 2nd Shift - $1,500 sign on bonus Full-time Opportunity $21 p/h(Job Number: 2210245)
Penske Logistics is looking for warehouse dock associates to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
Why is Penske Logistics for you?
We take pride in offering a competitive wage and great benefits including:
- $20 p/h base rate $1 shift differential
- $1,500 sign on bonus
Monday to Friday 5:00pm-finish
Walk-in Interviews every Thursday of the month! From 11:00am-3:00pm
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Associate Referral Program
Our associates also enjoy numerous associate discounts and opportunities to grow with the organization!
- Follow all safety requirements
- Stage and sort products for loading
- Loads and unloads trailers in a safe manner
- Opens and closes dock doors
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Sorts and places parts in racks or other designated areas
- Stacks cardboard boxes and pallets
- Move materials within the warehouse
- May operate electric pallet jacks and forklifts as needed
- Scan freights/parts
Apply Online Today
- At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling (using hand/power tools and hand truck) equipment experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
- Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required (where applicable by location)
- Flexible to work overtime preferred
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The associate must be able to hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds (e.g., machinery alarms, medical codes or alarms).
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.