Project Leader - (Supply Chain & Logistics Safety Analytics)(Job Number: 2210715)
Manage the implementation of an event such as a operational start-up or closedown, process improvement initiative, network redesign or systems deployment within a Region. Responsible for the formalization of a realistic timeline, complete with milestones, targets and identification of responsible parties. Handles many tasks and assignments directly, delegating as needed to other subject matter experts. Will ensure stakeholder and shareholder buy-in and facilitate regular communication to convey progress, inhibitors or roadblocks to the successful completion.
- Facilitate the recruitment and assignment of team members and defines duties, responsibilities and scope of authority.
- Provide regular performance feedback to team members.
- Negotiate with diverse teams of people (IT, Engineering, sales, customers, vendors) in a multinational, multicultural environment.
- Instill in the operations leadership team that safe performance is a critical element required to achieve success and is recognized as an indicator of management effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
- Lead project scope development and options analysis.
- Develop project implementation strategy and implementation schedule.
- Coordinate project activities with HR, IT, Engineering, sales and other groups as appropriate
- Work closely with customer's leadership and project team during scope development and option analysis phase.
- Prepare presentations and status reports and deliver to customer.
- Conduct benchmarking analysis and communicate results to customer leadership to establish baseline for value generation and to identify additional growth opportunities.
- Thoroughly review project budget for accuracy and report inconsistencies.
- Closely manage resources and expenses to meet forecasted budget.
- Continually evaluate project to assess whether deliverable will meet customer's needs at the contractual rates.
- Evaluate existing facilities and fleet/material handling equipment.
- Establish relationships with local PTL operations as well as other vendor operations.
- Ensure all IT infrastructure and systems are implemented and working properly.
- At least of 3 years of multiple supply chain service line experience (Transportation, Warehousing, LLP, etc) preferred
- 1 to 2 years of Project Management experience required
- Project Management certifications preferred
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degrees or certifications preferred
- Strong analytical and influencing skills, written/oral communication and organizational skills are required as this position will have frequent executive communication and presentation
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.