Logistics Presales Specialist (Proposal Coordinator)(Job Number: 2203699)
The Logistics Presales Specialist helps to facilitate an efficient internal sales process with the creation of superior customer proposal packages. The Logistics Presales Specialist will be the main vehicle for collecting, consolidating and disseminating information to and from all team members to ensure that knowledge sharing occurs between the sales team and results in execution of a consistent sales strategy. Additionally, the Logistics Presales Specialist is responsible for training core selling team members on the internal sales process and sales tools available. The Logistics Presales Specialist will also provide monthly reporting to the regional leaders and maintain sales team member user compliance with the customer relationship management (CRM) tool in the assigned territories. Approximately 10% - 30% travel is required for this position.
Create sales strategy/solution presentations for customers. Responsible for delegating presentation responsibilities throughout sales team.
Complete Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) documents.
Interface with internal team members in pulling sales data together, providing summary of findings to associates in the region.
Train core selling team members on internal sales process and sales tools; this training includes the providing information on the various stages of the sales process.
Train new sales associates which people in the organization the sales team should engage with during the pursuit and deal process.
Train new sales associates on the sales tools needed for the job include Salesforce.com, SalesPro, Avention and Penske Sales knowledge library.
Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
Sales Process Facilitation
Coordinate customer service visits with V.I.P. customers, which includes reaching out to the customers and asking them for business specifications. Through customer communication, the Logistics Presales Specialist may interface with high level decision makers in prospective companies.
Ensure Salesforce (CRM) user compliance and training assistance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Marketing (or related field) required.
- 2-3 years minimum experience designing technical and creative PowerPoint presentations required.
- 2-3 years minimum experience working with CRM tools preferred.
- Strong written/oral communication skills are required.
- Strong PowerPoint presentation skills, both technical and creative required.
- Ability to connect and build rapport / relationships with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects / work streams.
- Project Management experience highly preferred.
- Prior experience interfacing with C-Level executives preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel up to 30%, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.