WMS Analyst- Technical- ($85k - $95k base) - $5,000 Sign On Bonus(Job Number: 2206485)
The Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) Analyst serves as the on-site liaison between the operations management team and the Information Technology team. The WMS Analyst has solutions delivery responsibility on multiple complex projects/initiatives, leads the on-site configuration of the Warehouse Management System, and provides first tier support to the Distribution Center Management team.
This position will be Monday-Friday, day shift, but accessibility after hours, nights, weekends, etc. will be required. Some travel required. The starting base annual wage for this position is between $85,000 to $95,000 plus a $5,000 sign-on bonus.
- Expert knowledge of JDA WMS from an Operational perspective: Able to data mine, conduct investigations, make adjustments, trouble shoot problems, and develop best practices.
- Educating end users with regard to functionality of the technology on-site while providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- IT Super User: Service, upgrade, and configuration of Hand Scanners, Thor Units, and associate printers. Also responsible for network troubleshooting with IT support, workstation setup and maintenance, and interface with all external IT functions.
- Responsible for all CSAR requests (i.e. user access requests, system issues), follow ups, and associated troubleshooting.
- Responsible for Backup Reports in Operations
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
- 1 year minimum experience with a Warehouse Management System.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain, plant, and/or warehouse operations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced distribution environment.
- Capable of managing and executing day-to-day responsibilities as well as user questions/issues as they occur.
- Provide off-shift hours support on nights/weekends (as required).
- Serve as a primary support point for all end user's issues/questions.
- Analyze, extract, remove, and manipulate data using SQL (structured query language).
- Read traces (snapshot of data).
- Provide technical leadership on the team to assist with support and capital project work.
- Mentor and educate junior-senior members of the staff to level skill set.
- Form working relationships with external vendors, operations, and IT team members.
- Document and communicate problem resolutions.
- Keep up-to-date on current issues across the JDA - WMS environment.
- Develop proactive efforts to improve overall environment stability and ease of the support.
- Work with cross-functional support groups to resolve JDA WMS-related issues and specify enhancements.
- Ability to lead through troubleshooting complex support issues.
- Ability to perform in a liaison role between operations and technical team members.
- Detail-oriented and excellent analytical skills.
- Good verbal and written skills to communicate with associates and all levels of management.
- Works with management and supervision to ensure proper adoption and utilization of technology solutions.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history), and drug screening are required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines. While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.