Are you a Class A PGA/LPGA Professional or a PGA/LPGA Apprentice Level 2 or 3 looking to make a difference through teaching and fittings with access to cutting-edge technology? Are you looking for a 40-hour work week with generous paid time off and a flexible work schedule? If you answered yes, then this opportunity may be right for you!
Golf Galaxy is seeking a passionate Golf Professional to join our team in Toledo, OH. In this role, you will provide an enhanced fitting and lesson experience for our golfers using Trackman technology year-round in this climate controlled environment.
A division of DICK’S Sporting Goods, Golf Galaxy’s merchandising strategy offers a comprehensive selection of competitively priced brand name golf equipment, accessories, apparel, golf services, and golf instruction by on-staff certified PGA or LPGA professionals apprentices. On our team, everyone plays a critical role in providing genuine, helpful and friendly service to help our golfers perform at their best and enjoy their sport. We’re committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve. This role is an opportunity to make a difference and join the world’s greatest sports team.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Establish and maintain customer service standards relating to lessons and fittings, including maximizing sales and profitability and controlling expenses
- Drive and sustain lessons and fittings sales intensity and profitability by setting high expectations and monitoring and measuring positive results
- Meet or exceed sales goal objectives for lessons and fittings
- Give golf lessons and perform fittings (ball launch monitor, putter, driver, iron/wedge)
- Conduct preliminary interview with golfer, record golfer’s swing, provide swing analysis and provide feedback to golfer, and schedule golfer for on-going lessons
- Develop, design, recommend and implement instructional programs, golfer clinics and other promotional activities as directed
- Maintain thorough knowledge of products, services, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertising
- Promote Golf Galaxy by participating in community organizations, PGA or LPGA of America and other service organizations to promote and enhance Golf Galaxy’s standing in the business community
- Create a climate within the store in which teammates are motivated to do their best, strong morale and spiriting in his/her team; share wins and successes; foster open dialogue; and create a feeling of belonging within the team.
All Teammates are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary. Qualifications
- Level 2 or 3 PGA/LPGA Apprentice or Class A PGA of America or LPGA member in good standing
- 3+ years golf teaching experience
- 3+ years knowledge of club-fitting through experience and/or OEM training
- Ability to successfully meet goals and objectives for lessons and fittings
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective and productive time management skills to maximize lesson time
- Superior customer service orientation, excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekend, and holidays
- Reimbursement of 100% of PGA/LPGA dues
- Reimbursement of 50% of PGA/LPGA coursework and level testing costs for Apprentice Level 2 or 3
- Quarterly and annual bonus programs
- Generous paid time off including 3 weeks of vacation and 3 personal days per year
- Consistent 40-hour work week with overtime pay
- Competitive, consistent pay based on experience, location, and store volume
- Medical, dental, & vision plans
- Company-matching 401(k) plan
- Performance-based pay increases
- Annual tournament allowance
- Assistance with MSR credits
DICK’S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusion and Diversity.