DICK’S Sporting Goods is seeking a Big Box Retail Bench Store Manager to oversee store operations in Woodland Hills, OK.
On our team, everyone plays a critical role providing genuine, helpful and friendly service to help our athletes perform at their best and enjoy their sport. We’re committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve. This role is an opportunity to make a difference and join the world’s greatest sports team.
You will be responsible for driving company objectives in profit and loss control, sales performance, customer satisfaction, and shrink results. Store Managers are also responsible for leading customer interaction and associate talent development on a daily basis within their store.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Drive sales and profitability through customer satisfaction and report analysis
- Effectively schedule for the store, develop payroll plans, and monitor payroll daily to ensure the plan is met
- Ensure efficient day-to-day operation of the store
- Uphold DICK’S Sporting Goods standards for merchandise presentation
- Responsible for recruitment, interviewing, and hiring across the store
- Lead consistent evaluation and development of in-store talent
- Issue appropriate counseling and disciplinary action to associates who fail to meet our performance standard
- Drive shrink results through compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention, and cash-handling procedures
- Ensure completion of training requirements are met across the store
Manager of People Responsibilities:
- Select, on-board, empower, and develop a highly effective team of individuals
- Define a clear vision and strategy in order to communicate expectations
- Demonstrate a flexible leadership style to foster team member engagement including recognition
- Hold all team members accountable to drive results by being available, removing barriers and obstacles, facilitating change, and providing coaching/feedback related to performance
- Incorporate your customer’s perspective when defining success
All Teammates are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary. Qualifications
- 3 years Retail Store Manager experience (Big Box preferred) or 5 years of related management experience required
- World-class customer service skill and interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekend, and holidays
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus Programs
- Annual Equity Grant Eligibility
DICK’S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusion and Diversity.