Golf Galaxy is seeking a specialty Retail Assistant Store Manager to oversee store operations in Westminster, CO.
On our team, everyone plays a critical role providing genuine, helpful and friendly service to help our athletes perform at their best and enjoy their sport. We’re committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve. This role is an opportunity to make a difference and join the world’s greatest sports team.
A division of DICK’S Sporting Goods, Golf Galaxy’s merchandising strategy offers a comprehensive selection of competitively priced brand name golf equipment, accessories, apparel, golf services, and golf instruction by on-staff certified PGA/LPGA professionals. As a Softlines Sales Manager, you will be responsible for driving company objectives in profit and loss control, sales performance, customer satisfaction, and shrink results in the Softlines Departments (Apparel & Footwear). Assistant Store Managers are also responsible for leading customer interaction and associate talent development on a daily basis within their store.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers by ensuring high associate engagement and service levels
- Implement merchandise standards & signage in the Softlines Departments to meet company standards and to maximize profit
- Assist in training Softlines associates in company procedures and programs, including new hire and ongoing merchandising and product/technical training
- Work with the General Sales Manager to analyze sales reports and data to understand Softlines merchandise needs and opportunities; communicate these needs through the company-directed programs
- Responsible for registers, cash office, and front-end operations
- Ensure processing and pricing of the trade-in/used club business
- Maintain cleanliness standards throughout the store
- Drive and sustain sales intensity, operations integrity and profitability within store by setting high expectations and holding staff accountable, and monitoring and measuring progress to achieve positive results
- Develop payroll plans and monitor payroll daily to ensure the plan is met
- Uphold Golf Galaxy standards for merchandise presentation
- Participate or lead the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring for hourly and salaried associates
- Partner with General Sales Manager to provide consistent evaluation and development of in-store talent
- Partner with General Sales Manager to issue appropriate counseling and disciplinary action to associates who fail to meet our performance standards
- Drive shrink results through compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention, and cash-handling procedures
- Create a climate within the store in which staff are motivated to do their best, strong morale and spiriting in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; and creates a feeling of belonging within the team
Manager of People Responsibilities:
- Select, on-board, empower, and develop a highly effective team of individuals
- Define a clear vision and strategy in order to communicate expectations
- Demonstrate a flexible leadership style to foster team member engagement including recognition
- Hold all team members accountable to drive results by being available, removing barriers and obstacles, facilitating change, and providing coaching/feedback related to performance
- Incorporate your customer’s perspective when defining success
All Teammates are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary.
Compensation Range: $45,000-$67,200 Qualifications
- 2+ years retail management experience required; golf sales/service and/or apparel preferred
- Golf participation/enthusiasm preferred but not required
- World-class customer service skill and interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekend, and holidays
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus Programs
DICK’S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusion and Diversity.