Acts as the liaison between the merchant and field organizations by translating the Buyer's strategic vision into cluster or store specific planograms that meet sales and productivity goals, as well as support the Dick's Corporate Brand. Responsible for producing and publishing written directives instructing the field organization on efficient in-store implementation of game plans, adjacency plans and planograms. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize Buyers initial assortment plans to create planograms that are cluster or store specific as well as Game plans that align with corporate strategy, planograms, prototype flows and marketing. Produce written directives instructing the field organization on efficient in-store implementation of game plans and planograms. Responsible to collaborate with the Allocation Team once planograms are complete to ensure proper store inventories.
- Analyze SKU productivity on planograms for assigned categories and provide recommendations to the Merchants that identify potential opportunities to improve sales and productivity of space. Recognize and react to gaps in the assortment when completing planograms. Assist in solving store specific planogram and merchandising issues within established timeframes
- Actively participate in weekly Merchant Business Review meetings by sharing productivity findings, timelines and field feedback. Become a business expert for assigned areas.
- Coordinate and conduct physical setup of initial through final product sections and floor layouts in the lab or store environment. Coordinate with merchants and marketing to ensure all necessary product and collateral is available for floorsets and walk throughs. Establish and enforce visual standards for assigned areas.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Buyers, Planning, Allocation, Marketing, Store Operations, Risk and LP) Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop knowledge
- Participate in the completion of Special Projects as assigned by supervisor (special store projects, new initiatives, strategy expansions, and department resets, etc) Support floor and visual teams to ensure that merchandise and space plans are complete and accurate for new stores, remodels and prototype resets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Merchandising or Marketing
- 1 -3 Years
- Space planning, field retail, merchandising, inventory management, or related role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe creative suite
- JDA Space Planning or industry space planning software (SAS, Spaceman, Apollo)
- Travel required - 50%, may include overnights