Join the team focused on building the digital ‘receipt’ for every Athlete experience. The Athlete Order product team delivers value by creating services that are used to power the order lifecycle, as well as provide insights into our Athlete’s needs, patterns, and experiences.
DICK’S Sporting Goods is looking for an Associate Product Manager to join its Supply Chain portfolio. In this role, you are responsible for leading and managing the functionality that enables our business and technical partners to strive for a best-in-class shopping experience as well as other capabilities to improve internal processes and ensure a seamless, scalable, stable data flow. In conjunction with fellow cross functional Technical Product Managers, you will assist in managing the order placement, fulfillment, financial, customer service and reporting experiences.
As the Athlete Order Associate Product Manager, you are responsible for defining and establishing a product vision, strategy, roadmap for your product within a modern development environment. You are the “voice of the product” empathizing with customers, stakeholders, and reviewing data to ensure customer and stakeholder needs are incorporated into and prioritized within the roadmap, directed by data and results. Requires a driven, strategic and tactical mindset, highly motivated and accountable to deliver outstanding product experiences that achieve enterprise KPIs, including revenue, conversion and customer satisfaction.
You will interact with all functional areas of the company including Engineering, Architecture, Reliability Engineering, and Business stakeholders. This is a unique role that brings cohesion and coordination to enterprise initiatives by blending strategy and tactics to achieve business results. You must work strategically, driving ideas for growth and new opportunities, while tactically solving customer and business problems that exist in existing products.
This is a full-time remote opportunity.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning
- Product Strategy & Roadmap – You assist in defining the vision, strategy and roadmap. Must be able to distill insights, data, and requests into an actionable roadmap inclusive of technical, business partner and athlete’s needs to build both incremental and innovative experiences. Ensures that value is delivered early, often, and in-sync with goals. Identify the organizational needs within a mature, complex technology ecosystem
- Customer Value & Business Outcomes – Ensures a business outcome is achieved and a product that provides value, whether it’s an MVP or mature product with a new feature is delivered. Goes above and beyond defining and delivering. Requires a solid understanding of the inter-relations of our business – financial, marketing, sales, legal, partnerships, customer service, stores, technical capabilities, user experience.
- Know Your Business – Accountable for results by collecting data through means such as analyzing business results by searching through large data sets for usable information. Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to identify trends. Analyze costs and benefits and continually improve systems by understanding current practices and creating an implementation strategy toward continuous modifications. Knowing your numbers, who is doing what, the next big thing, suggesting innovative ideas to POC and constantly striving to improve process, increase revenue, and reduce costs are primary responsibilities for your role.
- Product Decisions – you will be called upon to make tough decisions, whether it is a go/no-go decision, balancing risks versus reward, pros/cons, dependencies, cost/benefit analysis, or ROI of resource investment. You must stand behind your decision with facts and data. Must be able to recognize when to change course and reverse a decision, subscribing to the philosophy of learning fast, and moving on.
Delivery & Execution
- Features – creates accurate user stories and prioritizes the backlog; working with the team to groom, refine, and ultimately deliver the feature. Be able to maintain the backlog while supporting multiple concurrent projects and initiatives.
- Ceremonies – Participates in standups, planning sessions, demos, and retrospectives. Fosters team collaboration, co-creation, and open communication.
- Testing and Research – Conducts integration testing across a multitude of legacy, hybrid, and new processes. Formulates testing strategy and provides insights to continually refine the product until desired outcome is achieved. Ensures successful tests are translated into new site features.
- Operations – Builds and maintains a communication cadence which informs partners of trends, SLAs, SLOs, and SLIs
- Change Influencer - Acts as an agent of change within your team, organization, and leading to embrace new methodologies, processes, efficiencies and challenging the status quo. Constantly pushing and asking why even if it’s to Senior Executives. You must be a strong communicator and partner, capable of influencing a team of designers, developers, stakeholders, and executives to achieve value early and often.
- Alignment – Strive to understand the intricacies of the ecosystem to work toward the “art of what is possible” to meet operational objectives. You must evangelize your roadmap and gain alignment with all team members and stakeholders; distilling complex technical concepts into plain language.
- Partnering - Partners with business and technology stakeholders to define and ensure successful delivery of our consumer and associate facing Commerce experiences. Manages stakeholder expectations and provides education to requestors on prioritization, ROI, and roadmap.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Mining and analyzing data
- Proven track record of delivering world-class product and experiences.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (epics, features, stories,), modern software development practices (test driven development, paired programming, continuous deployment), and tools (Jira, Pivotal).
- Capable of quickly establishing and fostering partnerships with executives and other stakeholders in a highly cross-functional, matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple products, and shifting priorities through effective planning, prioritization, delegation and coordination across teams and vendors.
- 1 – 3 Years of relevant experience.
- 0-2 years with relevant education linked to Product Management or 5+ years in technology.
- Ecommerce, retail, finance, or enterprise commerce platform experience prefer