The Program Manager is responsible for leading mid to large size programs, as well as project/team level activities working directly with stakeholders across product teams and business functions to ensure successful execution and delivery of value and outcomes. This role is also responsible for driving alignment and managing dependencies across programs, projects, and product / technology teams. The Program Manager may also help to manage project efforts and team level scrum activities (if needed) ensuring consistency in execution and deliverables, while delivering value for athletes and teammates. The program manager will be instrumental to help to drive and grow delivery practices and tools, support change management efforts and provide enterprise governance process support. The Program Manager must exhibit the ability to lead managers and their teams and drive collaboration and alignment. Qualifications
Program & Portfolio Management:
- Program Management
- Scope, plan and execute programs and deliver key outcomes with minimal outside assistance that span across Technology teams, stakeholder groups and third parties.
- Manages Issues and Risks across program helping to remove barriers
- Provides ongoing Governance (reporting, monitoring, escalation, controls)
- Work with appropriate stakeholders, including outside parties, to undertake analysis and define options and recommendations, and ultimately deliver value.
- Drive alignment across stakeholder groups to enable delivery success.
- Supports the Portfolio management and prioritization process to achieve alignment between technology and business teams
- Drive improvement in methodologies and deliverables, as well as collaboration practices and ways of working
- Supports program level reporting practices and alignment between financial tracking and value delivery.
- Portfolio Management
- Drive and grow delivery practices and tools, support change management efforts and provide enterprise governance process support
- Supports strategic planning activities across product and technology portfolios.
- Supports Portfolio prioritization, budgeting, and goal setting across products
- Ensures alignment or the organization and key stakeholders with product portfolio direction
- Supports ongoing Portfolio Governance activities (reporting, monitoring, escalation, controls)
- Measures and reports on the product portfolio (status, financials, issues & risks, etc.)
- Supports and drives financial management and vendor management activities (contract negotiations, SOW/PO/Invoice management, etc.)
- Contributes to and makes recommendations for strategic plans in support of key objectives in a timely and fiscally responsible manner
As needed, drives and supports team level delivery and Scrum activities:
- Manages dependencies and defines work plans and action plans to help minimize or mitigate dependencies across the product teams and business teams.
- Integrated planning and roadmap alignment across product teams and business teams.
- Provide coaching for teams on applying agile and scrum-based techniques
- Remove impediments for teams and shields teams from external interruptions
- Management and/or administrative support of Epics/Features, backlog and requirements and/or scope within product teams or across projects
- Build schedules / plans (iterations, release plans, outcome roadmaps, activity & milestone plans
- Track and report on progress (velocity and burndown, activity/milestone tracking, progress reporting)
- Facilitate ceremonies and manage the overall delivery process (iteration planning meetings, standups, recurring team meetings, retros, demos)
- Issue tracking and action planning / ownership
- Coordination, planning & alignment with teams/stakeholders; dependency tracking
- Resource planning and coordination; capacity planning and tracking
- Vendor management, planning and coordination; contracting
- Manage Change (change management, communications, storytelling, backlog management, scope change)
- Provide coaching/mentoring and training to build competencies across key technology and stakeholder groups
- Drives Process Improvement efforts across product and business teams
- Actively engages in self-learning and looks to grow skillsets and experience in the DSG business, Scrum/Agile practices, Project & Program Management , Change Management, and Retail Commerce functions.
- Learns new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations through reading, tutorials, and videos
- Supports Continuous Learning activities focused around Lessons Learned and Feedback Consolidation
- Provides leadership, mentoring and coaching to team members.
- Fosters collaboration with team members to drive consistency across technology teams
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern engineering practices (communities of practice)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience , with 1-3 years experience in a retail and eCommerce environment.
- 1-3 years of highly effective scrum management experience leading product and technology teams, as well as experience with agile-based tools.
- Experience and knowledge of organizational change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- PMP certification or OCM or Change Management Professional Certification perferred.
- Proficient in Agile project management execution in a modern software environment via multiple methodologies (Agile, Scrum, SAFE).
- Good knowledge of Retail E-Commerce Domain