First and foremost an ideal candidate must demonstrate high degree of self-initiative and adaptability to lead multiple security work streams in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will champion effort to help developers and engineers enhance the company's security engineering and architecture across products and applications. The candidate will also partner with DICK’S engineering teams to review security features and recommend configurations for products being deployed by DICK’S Sporting Goods.
This is a full time remote opportunity!
- Primary responsibility is to provide security architectural and engineering guidance in the development of secure code to multiple product teams in support of fast paced deployments of code in both on premises and cloud based platforms. Partner with dev teams on CI/CD security tooling and processes and assist with product design so as to account for security best practices to help both secure applications and identify abnormalities.
- Provide expertise and guidance to engineers regarding application level security, security training, and security best practices and considerations.
- Ensure the entire DSG environment is in compliance with defined regulatory requirements. To that end you will partner with appropriate personnel within DSG internal Audit and IT Security to ensure all compliance related issues are built into the development process, monitored for, and resolved and or mitigated appropriately and within a timely fashion.
- Provide strong project management and communication skills for the purpose of providing value-add information to management.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience in Application Security, Application Development, DevOps & DevSecOps
- Experience in any of the following preferred : .Net, Java, Kotlin, Angular, React
- Experience with highly virtualized environments and public cloud technologies preferred
- Experience with Automation preferred
- Experience with Kubernetes preferred
- Experience and understanding of microservice and containerized environments preferred