Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong recruiting skills and ability to identify quality candidates.
- Strong knowledge of all relevant recruiting and employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks for timely completion.
- Understanding of overall recruiting process including time-to-fill, turnover, internal promotion rates, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the retail environment.
- Basic understanding of total reward programs and employee-relations.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with candidates and employees of all levels.
- Good computer skills; ability to develop spreadsheets and reports to analyze division staffing needs.
- Excellent collaboration and consensus building skills.
- Strong relationship-building and networking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks for timely completion.
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills.
Work Experience and/or Education:
- Two to three years of recruiting exempt level candidates and/or two to three years of HR Generalist experience is preferred.
- Retail experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Responsible for providing support to Corporate Sr. HR Managers with regards to sourcing, recruiting and interviewing. Develops and implements recruiting initiatives to build a talent pipeline, develop bench strength, and ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sourcing and interviewing quality internal and external candidates for Corporate positions to be presented, in partnership with the Senior HR Managers, to hiring managers for final selection.
- Provides world class recruiting expertise in delivering high potential, well qualified, diverse talent for both current and future openings
- Supports Corporate Sr. HR Managers throughout the hiring process related to talent selection, pre-employment screening, and onboarding.
- Builds relationships with local chambers of commerce, colleges, universities, and other local organizations to source quality candidates.