A Technical Writer will work with various business users and information systems developers to successfully create documentation for application processes, application libraries, project requirements, and applications guides for users.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for creating application and system documentation for users and developers.
- Able to work with BAs, BSAs and Project Managers to help create project specifications as needed.
- Responsible for interviewing programmers to better understand how an application functions, both internally and externally.
- Responsible for writing documentation based on interviews, both to help users understand how to use the application and to help programmers get up to speed on how the application interacts internally.
- Can synthesize conflicting information from varying sources.
- Possesses ability to research technical topics they do not understand to supplement technical documentation.
- Possesses solid understanding of application programming, application usage cases and database systems.
Skills and Qualifications
- Technical writing skills proven through a portfolio of examples, either from school or prior work experience.
- Analytical, organizational and logical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to write in a clear, concise, but approachable manner.
- Can learn new technologies quickly.
- Bachelor's degree in either English or information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to learn independently.
- Knowledge of flow charts including both business and system flows and of programming logic and code.
- Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
- Ability to write technical documentation to show how applications, services and classes interact.
- Ability to use Confluence, Gliffy or Microsoft Visio.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here.or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.