DescriptionThe Senior Graphic Designer- In-Store will take a creative leadership role on all store signage projects, including design, development and hand-off for production. This position will also help define the in-store athlete experience by delivering strong creative collateral in alignment with the DICK's Sporting Goods standards. Through the creative collateral produced by the Sr. Graphics Designer, athletes in stores will be educated and inspired along their purchase path. The Sr. Graphic Designer will work closely with DICK's internal departments and key vendors to bring to life brand experiences across various mediums. The ideal candidate will have a strong creative eye for design and photography, along with the project management skills needed to execute and implement an in-store vision across all banners of DICK's Sporting Goods businesses. The Role You'll Play:
Creative Design Management and Execution
- Own idea conception and production of graphic design for a range of in-store marketing materials. This includes brand approach, visual and voice standards, activation ideas and tactical promotion to fully realize breakthrough creative that supports the brand vision and stands out.
- Develop appropriate design solutions within our campaign thematic and brand guidelines for the primary purpose of effectively selling merchandise, services or related brand messages.
- Develop or support shot plans for planned photo shoots in conjunction with the Creative Manager and other team partners. Direct select shoots with an eye toward quality, timelines and budget.
- Partner and have excellent communication with Managing Producer, Photo Coordinators, Photo Studio Specialist and Digital Asset Coordinator to ensure effective and efficient photo productions. Responsible for the selection and requesting edits of photographic assets within design work.
- Facilitate all aspects of the creative development process, including receipt of vendor assets and review of final proofs before handoff.
- Partner with and lead key vendors, freelancers and other support functions to ensure the success of each project from a timing, budget and quality perspective.
- Drive the creative production process for in-store initiatives, inclusive of art release with creative/design through approved channels, proofing of all signage components, including soft and hard proofs and prototypes where applicable, attending press checks, when necessary.
- Develop timelines, reporting and accountabilities throughout the lifecycle of a project to ensure accurate and timely delivery of final creative collateral.
Cross Functional Partnerships
- Participate in strategic discussions around creative positioning, trends and consumer behavior with our Merchandising and Visual teams by providing insight and opportunities. Articulate ideas, solutions and provide sound recommendations to secure alignment around strategic creative solutions.
- Support and/or stand in for Creative Manager during internal meetings and reviews as necessary.
- Act as a subject matter expert for other internal creative teams and champion process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Art/Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Five to seven years of experience in Retail, Marketing or Advertising with a proven track record of delivering creative solutions from concept to final execution.
- A strong creative portfolio required.
- Experience with a project management software (Workfront, At Task), required
- Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Bridge, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of the print process across various mediums (digital, litho & silk screen)
- Experience with Photo Art Direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with and gain consensus from various stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple projects and/or initiatives while maintaining attention to detail
- Experience with in-store space planning, fixture development & procurement, lighting, flooring & graphic design, preferred