What you'll do...
The Senior Marketing Manager of Discoverability oversees the Marketing efforts for both Paid Search and Organic Search (SEO). You will lead a cross-functional team of channel managers that develops, recommends and implements client acquisition plans and programs for key H&R Block brands and products designed to increase revenues, client base, and profitability.
You'll also work on complex, high revenue generating, multi department Marketing programs. The ideal candidate would have a strong understanding of both Paid Search and SEO strategies and how to leverage both channels to achieve profitable growth.
- Develop, recommend and implement strategy to achieve client acquisition goals across Paid Search and Organic Search
- Participate in the development of integrated media plans working to ensure recommendations achieve business and Marketing objectives.
- Direct and monitor external agencies to ensure the company's client acquisition goals are achieved in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Keep abreast of Paid Search and SEO Marketing trends and lead the implementation of strategic changes to take advantage of these trends
- Work with programs that have high visibility and multi department, complex design.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure all SEO Marketing plans adhere to overall corporate strategy and objectives.
- Work closely with web producers, development teams and external agencies to provide SEO insights related to creative design, messaging and strategy.
- Manage and continuously optimize content for Block properties to achieve maximum SEO results
- Review technical SEO issues and provide strategies/recommendations to improve site architecture and site performance.
- Manage Local Listing platform for H&R Block's retail locations and collaborate with team members to ensure all office locations are accurately represented
- Ensure Paid Search strategy and tactics drive profitable growth while staying within budgetary guidelines
- Oversee operations of a complex and sophisticated paid search program
- Help educate and train internal team members on Paid Search strategy, theory and best practices
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
- A minimum of eight years of digital Marketing & client acquisition experience.
- Familiarity with franchised, multi-unit retail, financial services, and/or seasonal business.
- Experience with Yext, Yelp and other multi-location Marketing tools
- Experience with Marketing Technology platforms, such as Conductor, Google Webmaster Tools and Paid Search platforms
- Prior supervisory experience.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience in building acquisition systems and developing Marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Marketing principles, practices and techniques as well as financial implications of Marketing decisions.
- Strategic planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to balance short and long-term priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to established timeframes
- Strong presentation skills - necessary to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively monitor tasks delegated to direct reports