What you'll do...
At H&R Block, we are modernizing our software architecture which is generating a need for more talent. We are looking for problem-solving, difference-makers to help us with new approaches, challenges and designs working on complex systems.
We are investing heavily in our technology transformation, moving to server-less infrastructure and cloud-native applications, as well as a continuous everything approach - improvement, development, testing, implementation, delivery, and learning. The goal? Faster innovation.
Our people are the key to our success, and we are investing in talent opportunities. We encourage learning, experimenting, and exploration. If this type of innovation and learning is enticing to you and if you embrace and implement Agile practices, we are looking for you.
Day to day, you'll...
- Partner with stakeholders to understand business goals, metrics, processes and requirements
- Lead the assessment, definition and design of comprehensive solution(s) to address business needs leveraging Salesforce technology and platform
- Identify and explore both out-of-the-box (preferred) and customized solution options
- Leverage Salesforce AppExchange where appropriate for reusable components
- Identify and address conflicts across multiple use cases to design/develop an efficient overall technical solution
- Lead evaluation of new releases to assess impacts as well as identify opportunities for technology and business process related improvements
- Establish and mentor team members on requirements gathering, documentation and solution design standards and best practices
- Contribute hands-on to the facilitation, definition and documentation of requirements, work/data flow analysis, acceptance criteria and test planning
- Estimate and contribute to hands-on delivery of application configuration and testing
- Research and drive resolution to production defects and issues
- Collaborate with other technical and non-technical team members and vendors in technology neutral language to define, build, and deliver solution
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Certified Salesforce Advanced Administrator
- Certified Salesforce App Builder
- Experience with Agile and DevOps project delivery practices.
- Experience with use of Microsoft ADO to track requirements, testing and defects
- Experience working in or with a call center environment
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Information Technology or related area
- Five to eight years of experience with Salesforce Service Cloud Platform, including experience with implementation of:
- Lightning flows
- Integrations with 3rd party systems
- Data Security and Event Monitoring using Salesforce Shield
- Data retention, backup and recovery strategy
- Demonstrated ability to deliver full systems development lifecycle activities from requirements gathering through implementation for Salesforce Service Cloud deployments
- Expert in Salesforce Service Cloud declarative capabilities and activities
- Certified Salesforce Administrator
- Certified Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant
- Strong understanding of Salesforce technical/development capabilities (e.g. apex, visual force etc.)
- Proficient at analyzing complex requests and issues to determine underlying problem(s) as well as options to solve, choosing the appropriate course of action and measuring/revising approach based on results
- Experience leading and coaching others
- Strong communication, presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills (to all levels of the organization)
- Blend of functional/business and technical acumen
- Experience with SaaS product release management
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Knowledge and experience implementing integrations with, and migrations from other technology solutions
- API knowledge and experience - REST or SOAP
- Knowledge of relational database concepts
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Experience develop process flows, system flows, and data flows/models using modeling tools