What you'll do...
Responsible for leading assigned district management staff in striving to improve the Company's image and to provide client service in accordance with Company policies. Develops strategies to increase client retention and satisfaction for offices in the assigned geographic area. Directs the tax preparation business for assigned geographic area through the implementation of company policies, procedures, vision and mission with the goal of increasing the number of clients served and increasing company profits and profitability.
Day to Day you'll ...
- Direct responsibility for offices in current geographic area to ensure goals and targets are met within the territory and will provide oversight management for district managers and staff members in assigned line of responsibility.
- Visit district offices to ensure consistent application and interpretation of company policies and procedures. Identify and implement solutions for a consistent business approach, but remains sensitive to the individual business needs of each office.
- Coach and mentor district managers and evaluate their performance.
- Conduct ongoing training, performance feedback, and development of District Managers. Approve associate performance data and identifies potential employees for advancement and additional skill development.
- Ensure issues pertaining to district managers are managed and resolved without escalation to higher-level management. Incorporate original thinking and problem-solving to resolve identified issues.
- Attend and represent H&R Block in various district events for associates in seasonal and non-seasonal positions. Motivate associates to understand and apply the Company's vision and mission.
- Provide direction to district managers related to selecting prime office locations, identifying methods to continuously improve business performance, and operating the office in compliance with company policies.
- Participate in strategic planning along with other field leaders to ensure the direction of the business is appropriate and positioned to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Approve the number, location, and status (temporary, regular, or Premium) of each office within each district and approves leases for office space.
- Review summary operations data and recommend the best solutions to improve the performance of the assigned districts. Recommend to management long-term solutions affecting the overall business direction. Review and approve the annual tax season and off-season budgets for assigned geographic area.
- Determine the content and delivery of information for the district meetings and seminars in assigned area.
- Other duties, as assigned.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- These skills are acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree in a related field or through combined education and experience
- Four years as a District Manager or equivalent is required. Five to six years experience is preferred
- Knowledge of a district or regional operations sufficient to select, train and direct the activities of the district and regional office staff and to make effective operating decisions
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop associates
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills, public relations skills, and detail-oriented
- Proven success to increase profitability and to develop, analyze and manage budgets
- Effective math and analytical skills
- Experience in a retail or similar work environment is required
- Demonstrated successful short-term and long-range planning skills
- Ability to make independent decisions; assume complete responsibility for his/her work and decisions
- Understanding of the dynamics of franchise owner/company owned environment
- A minimum of four years' supervising a workforce containing varied skill sets