What you'll do...
The Bookkeeper duties include:
- Data entry into bookkeeping system
- Ensure all checks are endorsed and deposited
- Balance and reconcile ledgers
- Develop detailed income, expenses and other reports as needed
- Perform payroll services
- Maintain a manual file system to store hard copies
- Identify issues with current process
- Notify management of potential concern and potential solutions
- Participate in meetings and training sessions
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring to the team...
- These skills are acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Additional coursework in accounting or business-related studies is preferred.
- These skills are typically acquired through one year of experience in bookkeeping and accounting concepts such as accounts payable and receivable, and the creation of journal entries in a general ledger and six months experience with basic office procedures are required.
- Ability to work independently Analytical and detail oriented, with the ability to be creative
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills are essential
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to effectively work under strict deadlines, while organizing multiple projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal wage and hour laws.
- Two years of experience in bookkeeping and accounting concepts such as accounts payable and receivable, and the creation of journal entries in a general ledger.
- Demonstrated understanding of the applicable bookkeeping software application and computer system.
Special Requirements Specific to Job:
- PC data entry and 10-key calculator skills are required.
- Knowledge of the client's bookkeeping/payroll software in order to effectively maintain financial records.