Store Operations Manager - Production
2nd Ave Thrift Stores have been dedicated to bringing its customers the best value and quality in second-hand clothing, household goods and collectibles since 1959. We have provided millions of dollars to charities by purchasing our merchandise through their collection efforts.
The Store Operations Manager - Production is in integral part of the 2nd Ave Thrift Stores Leadership Team by supporting the Operations side of the discount retail business. Operations is the heart of each of our stores. If things are not running well behind the scenes in the back room, the entire operation will suffer.
As our Store Operations Manager Production, you will ensure accurate pricing, rack organization and presentation, upkeep of merchandising protocols and standards, seasonal product storage, efficient and productive workflow as well as a clean and safe workspace.
- High Energy
- Detail Oriented
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with high piece count inventory management and sales
- Adaptability to constantly changing retail industry
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines
- Team Motivated
- 6 months experience leading a team
- Comfortable presenting information and delegating duties
- Enjoy mathematics
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Open Availability including Evenings and Weekends
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Spanish Bilingual highly preferred but not required
- Ensure retail store performance meets financial targets and key metrics based on annual and quarterly budgets(s).
- Manage merchandise condition, output volume, spread of prices and seasonal storage.
- Plan, prioritize, schedule, assign and direct work of the team, adjusting as needed, to achieve sales, production, labor efficiency, and profit objectives.
- Oversee quality control checks throughout all production stages; during production, prior to rolling, on the floor and at recycle off the floor.
- Continually monitor and set the pace, leading by example and completing quality control checking with side-by-side employee involvement to observe, assess, coach, and counsel performance.
- Maintain a respectful core values-driven workplace using open communication tools to convert team member input into meaningful action. Likewise address complaints and resolve issues consistent with our values, policies and procedures; providing recognition and candid feedback.
- Recognize and develop associates with leadership potential. Interview potential external and internal candidates for an efficient and positive team.
- Train in General Retail Store Manager Responsibilities. Expect to grow within the company.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proactively promote and manage Loss Prevention and Safety to Protect company assets, associates and information.
- Previous Supervisor Experience
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment
- High School Diploma required
- 18 years of age or older