Director of Retail Marketing
Salary Range:$175,000.00 To $200,000.00 Annually
If you live and breathe retail marketing, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a highly energetic and strategic thinking Director of Retail Marketing to join our 2nd Ave Thrift Superstores Marketing leadership team. You will be responsible for planning, developing and executing fully integrated marketing programs that drive customer acquisition, loyalty and retention. In this role you will be responsible for representing the voice of the customer in all marketing efforts, working with key internal and external partners and for assimilating brand development, digital and traditional marketing, marketing analytics and flawless campaign execution.
- Marketing Strategy - Develop, socialize, refine and implement the 2nd Ave Marketing Strategy. This will encompass all customer personnas, marketing channels and geographies. Our strategy will be continuously tested and refined.
- Voice of the Customer - Represent the voice of the customer in a multi-segment, multi-touch marketing environment, leveraging customer insights and trends to drive segment selection, message / offer development and brand differentiation. Own customer engagement - manage the review and response to all customer feedback.
- Campaign & Content Development Aligned with the overall 2nd Ave brand and value proposition, develop consumer-centric, compelling campaign content/assets across channels that address customer needs. Continuously monitor the overall content and performance of our 2nd Ave website. Utilize Google Analytics and other relevant tools to assess and improve website performance trends and metrics.
- Store Marketing Events - Lead the marketing effort for our Retail Store sales events including working with Graphic Design to develop creative, ensure all channels (store signage, website, email and social media) have their required creative and deploy as scheduled.
- Loyalty Program Grow and manage the 2nd Ave Customer Loyalty program including campaign ideation; emails, push notifications and SMS deployment; and results tracking and analysis.
- Marketing Performance - Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs). Collaborate with our Data Analysts to perform data mining and ad hoc analysis to deep dive into campaign results and identify future marketing opportunities.
- New Marketing Technologies - Proactively identify and evaluate emerging marketing technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Vendor Management - Lead, direct and optimize the performance of all our marketing vendors - social media, SEM, Public Relations, email and geo-location targeting. Ensure we are delivering a consistent, compelling and effective marketing message to our entire customer and prospective customer base.
Key Collaboration Points
- Functional Business Directors/Managers Retail, Finance and Information Technology.
- Vendor teams that support our marketing tools and programs.
- BS/MS in Marketing or related field from a four-year college or university.
- 8 years of progressively more diverse and challenging marketing experience with 5 years in a related field (loyalty programs, data analytics, marketing technology and/or digital technology).
- Demonstrated ability to execute innovative and results-focused marketing programs and campaigns that incorporate marketing best practices.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Proven success with leading digital channel marketing programs and content development, including but not limited to site/search/social.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, WebTrends).
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Proficient in Power Point and Excel.
- Strong Project Management and written and oral communication skills.