The Retail Coverage Merchandiser Lead's primary function is to provide retail sales merchandising coverage and coverage of retail special projects for an assigned retail territory by effectively leading team members and performing proper implementation of current plan-o-grams for a set and location. They are responsible for representing ACOSTA and our principals through store coverage and executing objectives and assisting their Manager in implementing retail initiatives to achieve superior in-store results in an assigned territory.
Please click on the Continuity Retail Coverage Merchandiser Job Preview link. The video will share specifics about the job and the work conditions.
- Read and follow a plan-o-gram to effectively complete set/project work. Have knowledge of merchandising and retail terminology.
- As established by management, deliver retail sales merchandising goals across all principals in assigned territories.
- Meets client expectations regarding retail sales coverage and productivity in assigned territory.
- Serve as team/project lead in the organization and assist with monitoring the execution of the team's set/project work. Assists supervisors on retail initiatives (new product introductions, contests, etc.) as assigned.
- Partner with co-workers to achieve and maintain merchandising excellence and build effective working relationships with store personnel.
- Rotate stock, clean, and stock display and price products as appropriate per reset schematic. May assist in the transportation and delivery of necessary materials, supplies and equipment.
- Perform such duties as checking date codes per ensuring adherence to reset plan-o-gram, replacing decals/re-order tags or ads and placing point of purchase material.
- Maintains full distribution and display of products in assigned accounts per plan-o-gram.
- Executes merchandising events in assigned territory.
- Performs special reset projects as assigned by Manager.
- Effectively and accurately use retail reporting technology.
- Follows Company policy in execution of reset teamwork.
- Reports observations to Unit manager regarding outdated product, unbalanced stock, out-of-stock situations and point of purchase requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED
At least 2 years of prior retail experience.
- Ability to motivate team members to accomplish the prescribed goals as established by management.
Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds (needed in all cases).
- Must have a valid driver's license and must be able to drive a car for extended periods of time.
- Must be available to overnight travel. Must be available for occasional weekend work (Demos and Food Shows). Must be able to work nights and holidays. (night and holiday work will be pre-defined by position).
- Must be willing and able to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail stores).
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others. Must have good vision and be able to operate a calculator, office equipment, hand truck, hammer, screw driver and case cutter.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to build relationships with business partners.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.Must be able to speak, hear and sit for long periods of time, stoop and kneel on a daily basis.
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.