DICK’S Sporting Goods is building something new. A destination devoted to sports. A place where the community will gather and be inspired. To create this new experience, we’re building a team that will dream big, obsess over the athlete (our customer), inspire teammates and challenge every ‘normal’ thing about retail.
This is an exciting role for our new store experience – we’re seeking a Rock-Climbing Teammate. This opportunity goes beyond anything retail has ever seen. Think about a role where you are creating the most innovative, customer obsessed experience – ever – in retail, and frankly in any customer focused industry. We want someone who is passionate about the outdoors – climbing, hiking and biking.
Rock Climbing Lead Duties:
- Responsible for driving the highest level of customer service at our in-store rock wall (and other areas as needed), ensuring our teammates are driving the DICK’S common purpose and delivering hassle-free, engaging, athlete-first service.
- Bring to life the power of opinion. Making sure our experience includes product experts who provide consultative advice to our athletes, demonstrating excellent product knowledge.
- Uphold DICK’S Sporting Goods’ standards for merchandise presentation, showcasing the best apparel and equipment brands in sporting goods
- Promote company programs including warranty sales, Scorecard (loyalty program), private-label credit cards, and other seasonal promotions
- Adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Adhere to all loss prevention standards and audit requirements
- As business needs arise, support the store leadership team in any way to deliver on our Common Purpose
All associates are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary. Qualifications
- 1 – 2 years of previous customer service or retail experience preferred.
- Indoor and/or outdoor rock-climbing experience preferred.
- Creates a culture that encourages a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Clear, constant and confident communication amongst teammates, athletes and management.
- Continued commitment to DICK’S Sporting Goods standards and ensuring accountability amongst teammates.
- Flexible availability – nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to deliver the best Athlete experience to our customers.
- Enthusiasm and passion to interact and assist others with all their sporting goods needs.
- Strong work ethic, time management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
Interviews are by appointment only.
DICK’S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusion and Diversity.