DescriptionGolf Galaxy is seeking a specialty retail Golf Professional in Tuttle Crossing, OH. On our team, everyone plays a critical role providing genuine, helpful and friendly service to help our athletes perform at their best and enjoy their sport. We’re committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve. This role is an opportunity to make a difference and join the world’s greatest sports team.
A division of DICK’S Sporting Goods, Golf Galaxy’s merchandising strategy offers a comprehensive selection of competitively priced brand name golf equipment, accessories, apparel, golf services, and golf instruction by on-staff certified PGA or LPGA professionals. As a Golf Galaxy Golf Professional, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining customer service standards relating to lessons and fittings, including maximizing sales and profitability and controlling expenses.
As a Golf Professional with Golf Galaxy, you will have the opportunity to attend our annual Golf Galaxy Expo featuring the best brands in the golf industry!
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Drive and sustain lessons and fittings sales intensity and profitability by setting high expectations and monitoring and measuring positive results
- Meet or exceed sales goal objectives for lessons and fittings
- Give golf lessons and perform fittings (ball launch monitor, putter, driver, iron/wedge)
- Conduct preliminary interview with customer, record customer’s swing, provide swing analysis and provide feedback to customer, and schedule customer for on-going lessons
- Develop, design, recommend and implement instructional programs, customer clinics and other promotional activities as directed
- Maintain thorough knowledge of products, services, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertising
- Promote Golf Galaxy by participating in community organizations, PGA or LPGA of America and other service organizations to promote and enhance Golf Galaxy’s standing in the business community
- Create a climate within the store in which staff are motivated to do their best, strong morale and spiriting in his/her team; share wins and successes; foster open dialogue; and create a feeling of belonging within the team
All Teammates are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary. Qualifications
- Class A PGA of America or LPGA member in good standing
- 3+ years golf teaching experience
- 3+ years knowledge of club-fitting through experience and/or OEM training
- Ability to successfully meet goals and objectives for lessons and fittings
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective and productive time management skills to maximize lesson time
- Superior customer service orientation, excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekend, and holidays
- Competitive pay based on experience, location, and store volume
- 40 hour work week with overtime pay
- Quarterly and annual bonus programs
- Performance-based pay increases
- Reimbursement of PGA/LPGA dues
- Tournament allowance
- Assistance with MSR credits
DICK’S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusion and Diversity.