What you'll do...
The Database Marketing Manager will report directly to the Director, Customer Data Strategy and Marketing Analytics. In this role, you'll support ongoing initiatives to drive positive customer outcomes through data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate will have experience in both database and digital analytics.
Day to day, you'll...
- Provide actionable overall marketing and customer insights to address key strategic questions. Responsible for tracking, reporting, and analyzing the performance of marketing activities, ad-hoc analytic requests, and development/automation of recurring reports.
- Analyze external and internal customer data using database queries (SQL), web analytics tools, statistical analysis tools, and campaign management software tools.
- Evaluate customers' online behavior and provide insights and recommendations for further enhancements to the customer experience.
- Analyze A/B and Multi-variate tests, communicate results and provide recommendations.
- Create visualizations to clearly communicate marketing program results.
- Advise other marketing functions as the knowledge owner for customer and marketing data.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on customer data and collaborates with IT and Data Science partners to ensure the correct data is being collected and table structures support user needs.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
Who we're looking for...
- Bachelor's degree in related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in marketing or operational analysis.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience with a visualization tool such as Tableau and statistical modeling packages (R, SAS), Python a plus.
- Digital analytics experience using Adobe or Google Analytics and a deep understanding of digital media metrics and data.
- Experience working with scalable data storage and processing systems.
- Someone with a straightforward communication style across all audiences
- Has a sense of urgency, not deterred by challenges
- Courage to take calculated risks and make bold decisions, tenacious, resilient and adaptable
- Highly reliable and collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills; cultivates an active network inside and outside the organization
- Strong change management and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to make complex ideas simple