What you'll do...
The Director, Customer Data Strategy and Marketing Analytics will report directly to the VP, Customer Knowledge. He/she will be responsible for enabling positive customer outcomes through data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate will facilitate a measurement mindset throughout the Product & Experience organization with deep knowledge of how our customers are behaving - both with our products and our channels. An equal balance of strategy and execution will enable success in this role.
- Lead the development of campaign and channel measurement strategies that will be utilized across all customer touchpoints. Build execution processes that scale and can deliver timely insights to affect efficient decision-making
- Partner with other Customer Knowledge teams to create a testing center of excellence to enable a learning agenda throughout the product experience team and HRB
- Provide thought leadership around customer data best practices and 1:1 marketing capabilities
- Partner with HRB IT resources to build data table structures that enable fast, quality execution
- Build and lead a customer insights center of excellence for HRB. Discover and promote key insights that enable channel and product owners within P&E and the broader organization make quality customer-centric decisions
- Work collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Provide leadership and ongoing status updates. Collaborates across departments on projects
- Evaluate staffing needs and hire staff based on workload, timeline, and priorities. Determine best staffing solution (i.e., contractor, temporary, or regular HRB associate)
- Monitor department productivity and provide staff members with direction. Provide regular performance feedback to staff members
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Master of Business Administration or Data Science & Analytics
What you'll bring to the team...
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in marketing or operational analysis.
- 3+ years building and leading teams
- Strong knowledge of SQL required; experience with a visualization tool such as Tableau and statistical modeling packages (R, SAS), Python a plus
- Digital analytics experience using Adobe and a deep understanding of digital media metrics and data
- Experience working with scalable data storage and processing systems
- Proven ability to scale processes with automation and self-service solutions
Leadership & Personal Characteristics
- Broad strategic thinker who innovates, challenges, changes, and pushes boundaries to solve problems
- Transparent and straightforward communication style across all audiences
- Bias for action, sense of urgency, not deterred by challenges
- Courage to take calculated risks and make bold decisions, tenacious, resilient and adaptable
- Highly reliable and collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills; cultivates an active network inside and outside the organization
- Values winning as a team
- Executive presence, strong influencing skills and the ability to quickly establish significant credibility, trust and support across all levels of the organization
- Strong change management and problem-solving abilities