What you'll do...
Become an international tax specialist while working with U.S. taxpayers living in over 150 countries worldwide. By joining the expat team at H&R Block you have the opportunity to play an important role on this unique, specialized, fast-growing international tax practice with the world's largest tax preparation company. As a representative of H&R Block Expat Tax Services, you are responsible for developing client relationships and providing high-quality U.S. tax preparation, planning, and audit representation services to U.S. expat clients through a virtual tax platform.
Day to day, you'll...
- Conduct tax interviews and analyze international tax issues for the purpose of preparing complete and accurate tax returns for U.S. taxpayer clients based in a particular country or grouping of countries. Follow internal guidelines for review and referral of tax returns.
- Provide tax information and feedback to clients as it relates to tax preparation and refer any unresolved client concerns to management.
- Work with client service professional staff to finalize tax returns and provide instruction so client can either file tax returns electronically or mail in tax returns to the Internal Revenue Service or State DOR.
- Leverage internal resources to research unclear tax issues presented by clients in devoted country/countries.
- Attend robust paid training at the outset of the assignment and participate in ongoing continuing education offered by the company.
- Develop high-level knowledge of foreign tax and financial systems in devoted country/countries in order to enhance client experience.
- Read other business and tax publications, as recommended by management.
- Assist in transitioning acquired clients to H&R Block brand.
- Develop or leverage prior global experience, education, or insights to build rapport and provide a well-rounded service to clients in devoted country/countries.
- Take initiative to seek new clients by asking current clients for referrals and actively develop and execute client acquisition plans.
- Other duties, as assigned.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Associate's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 2 years Minimum related work experience Circular 230 credentials (Enrolled Agent, CPA, or Attorney) or willing to obtain within one year of employment.
- Ability to communicate tax and financial advice clearly and effectively with the public in a variety of situations including but not limited to public speaking engagements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include oral and written communication.