Drop Ship Merchandising Supervisor
Interested in working for a business recognized as a Star Tribune Top Workplace in Minnesota the past five years? Want the opportunity to gain experience in corporate merchandising? If so, this may be the job for you!
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To supervise the operations of the drop ship team by providing leadership, influence, and direction in meeting our expectations within the drop ship program. This includes identifying opportunities, accepting challenges, providing solutions, and building lasting relationships both internally and externally.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Leads, coaches, and develops Drop Ship Merchants to maximize efficiencies and profitability of the program. Manages Drop Ship Merchants questions by offering advice and expertise.
- Participates with the Drop Ship Manager in establishing meaningful goals and objectives and to develop effective plans, policies and programs needed to attain those goals and objectives.
- Utilizes available reporting or creates new reports to analyze vendor performance and monitor key indicators. Sources utilized include the scorecard, drop ship queue, and EDI statistics to measure their performance in comparison to the requirements of our drop ship program.
- Processes payroll every other week for non-exempt employees. Monitors adherence to schedule and attendance guidelines.
- Supports the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) process by monitoring vendor compliance and responsiveness. Utilizes reporting functions and consults with Management on strategies to ensure compliance to the process.
- Conducts employment interviews, makes hiring recommendations, completes performance reviews and any necessary performance management actions as required.
- Reviews drop ship invoices as requested and approves or denies payment. Discusses any questions with the appropriate individuals.
- Provides training for new employees in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environment and in the processes and procedures of the drop ship program. Also conducts training on other software programs/platforms utilized within the Merchandising department.
- Works collaboratively and maintains effective relationships with internal departments to develop and implement solutions that meet Company strategies and improve the customer experience.
- Functions as manager in the absence of the Drop Ship Manager. Provides ongoing leadership and support for the drop ship team. Informs manager of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management.
- Supervises and manages employees as it relates to all projects or related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance appraisals and plans for individual employee development.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a merchandising-related field preferred.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- At least 4 years of related experience in merchandising or customer service-related field.
- Ability to effectively supervise and coordinate assigned tasks in a manner that results in profitable sales growth for the Company.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work and establish priorities.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in using the Microsoft Office applications especially with Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of hardline tools and equipment preferred.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to maintain high quality standards with limited supervision.
- Ability to keep multiple projects on schedule simultaneously.
- Strong decision-making ability.
- Ability to provide guidance to others.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of Company and vendor personnel.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment's 12 Core Competencies.
Apply Online Below