Do you have a passion for sports? Are you a Product Management guru? We’re looking for a dynamic Director of Product Management to join our team.
This role is responsible for leading and managing both the Product Management and UX Design disciplines in support of technology within both the Marketing and consumer mobile app domains for Dick’s Sporting Goods. The scope of Marketing includes our loyalty & personalization programs, consumer communications, and tools used by the Marketing team. In addition, this role will help drive all aspects of our overall mobile app growth strategy. In this role you will need to bring cohesion and coordination to enterprise initiatives by managing strategies and tactics that deliver outstanding product experiences, improve user satisfaction, and drive enterprise KPIs. As a leader within a matrixed organization, responsible for driving lean product management and human centered design practices, you will be required to work cross functionally, communicate with different audiences, and work closely with your Engineering peers and stakeholders to drive results.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Domain Level Strategy
- Work strategically with your teams, Engineering peers, and stakeholders to drive ideas for growth and new opportunities, while tactically solving user and business problems.
- Evangelize your team’s services and roadmap; distill complex technical concepts for stakeholders.
- Acts as an agent of change within your team, organization, and leading to embrace new methodologies, processes, efficiencies and challenging the status quo.
- Advocate for Design thinking and advising how to apply user-centered research and UX Design methods to support product strategies within your domain.
- Domain level accountability and coordination of the Product Management function, including:
- Business knowledge, understanding economic value, driving results.
- Product strategies and roadmaps.
- Determine product market fit.
- Organizational liaison / Stakeholder Management.
- Establishing product and iteration level KPIs / metrics.
- Go to market strategies.
- Prioritization as a service.
- Domain level accountability and coordination of the UX Design function, including:
- General advocate for the user (internal and customer).
- Setting UX Design strategies.
- User behavior research & journey mapping.
- Competitive research.
- Usability testing.
- Maximizing domain level ROI through the effective use of technology resources
General Domain Support
- Provide support for executive level meetings / discussions (BOD prep, executive prioritization discussions, etc.).
- Provide regular reporting to executive management to constantly improve the numbers, hit revenue goals, and maximize return on investment.
- Budget management, contract negotiations, and financial oversight.
- Dedicate time to growing the broader practices of Product Management & UX Design.
- Support the “Office Of” position to implement Technology strategies and day-to-day execution.
- Special projects and initiatives as needed.
- Recruit / develop your team of 3-5 Group Designers, 3-5 Group Product Managers, and 1 Principal UX Designer, and indirect reports within your organization.
- Partner with the Distinguished PdM and Distinguished UXD roles to coach teammates and build the Product Management and UX Design practices within their team to ensure each teammate is getting the training and education needed to develop professionally.
- Building a positive culture where teammates are excited to work.
- Continuously evolve team process standards to drive quality and efficiencies.
- Experience with agile methodologies, lean product management, Human-centered Design, and modern software development practices.
- Proven track record of managing and leading high-performing teams that have delivered. innovative, world-class products and engaging experiences, preferably in a retail environment.
- Capable of managing ambiguity and quickly establishing and fostering partnerships with executives and other stakeholders in a highly cross-functional, matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple products and shifting priorities, through effective planning, prioritization, delegation and coordination across teams, vendors, and organizational boundaries.
- Excellent oral and written communicator who can persuasively tell the story and explain the “what, why, and how”, to different audiences, in a clear and concise manner.
- A strong drive for results, centered around our teammates and the athletes we serve.
- The ability to lead by inspiring and exciting the team, creating an environment where our teammates thrive.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, 10-15 years of relevant experience