Purchasing Coordinator We are a growing thrift retailer, headquartered right outside of Philadelphia, PA with a presence throughout the Mid Atlantic Region.
Having spent decades in this business, we are proud of our long standing heritage as well as our loyal customers and dedicated employees.
We understand how to do our work with purpose and we love developing talent.
The Purchasing Coordinator is expected to work in collaboration with Operations, Merchandising, Facilities and Suppliers to support the continuous operation of the business.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage inventory levels of supplies for retail chain, donation sites, and corporate office.
- Support the execution of all related purchasing processes to reduce total cost of ownership for goods & services while ensuring uninterrupted supply.
- Issue purchase orders for store fixtures, store operational needs, facilities equipment, and office supplies to authorized suppliers within authorized limits.
- Communicate with suppliers, Store Operations, Merchandising, Accounting, and Facilities to schedule and expedite deliveries of fixtures, store supplies and equipment.
- Work directly with retail teams to control inventory levels and streamline supply ordering process.
- Interface with Vendors to follow up on purchase order/item status and deliveries as needed.
- Support corporate procurement category management by closely monitoring inventory levels and operational needs while maintaining budget goals.
- Clearly communicate with suppliers to resolve delivery, pricing, availability, and/or payment issues.
- Resolve late or missing shipments and invoice discrepancies.
- Revise delivery dates and arrange returns and credits.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of purchase history using Excel spreadsheets on a daily basis.
- Oversee the development of new supply inventory management system.
- Data entry of new merchandise and supply information into inventory management system.
- Reconcile supplier statements and approve commitments for payment.
- Recommend improvements in the company's internal procurement processes.
- Prepare correspondence and reports, as required.
- Assist in the implementation of standardized process and procedures as well as support initiatives to increase efficiencies and drive continuous improvement.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to be present in the office during working hours
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in a similar position
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Teamwork skills: being an effective group member
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a deadline driven environment
- Must be detailed oriented
- Ability to analyze and be proactive
Our employees can enroll in many benefits such as medical, dental, vision, & 401k just to name a few.
Come join a unique company culture with career growth and competitive pay!
Apply Online Below Today!