What you'll do...
At H&R Block, your contributions will go far beyond any job description. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
As a Company Support Manager you'll serve an integral part of a US Retail and Operations team. This position consists of supporting, managing and executing operations and field technology initiatives and projects in the Tax Field Organization. Facilitates communication and manages relationships with external partners, field leaders, and internal support departments. Responsible for implementing, maintaining, and supporting the operations of all company-owned tax offices within the region, includes technology, real estate and back-office support. Ensures standards are consistently met pertaining to the client experience, associate satisfaction, and the H&R Block brand through office location, technology and physical environment. Establishes service levels and key performance indicators to ensure optimal availability of field system technology. A strong ability to deliver executable results that will enable the company's strategic business objectives is necessary. The Company Support Manager is also responsible to oversee 10-15 District Support associates who are responsible to manage the centralization and standardization of supply ordering and distribution, associate scheduling, technical asset management, preventative maintenance, and managing other operational and technical tactics.
- Assist Director, Company Operations in formulating a comprehensive business cadence timeline for the area. Assists in the development and implementation of business/market plans and managing P&L and capital budgets. Oversees adherence to operational and technical timelines to ensure business readiness within market areas, including tax office operational and technical readiness.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to Regional Directors to help set direction and formulate strategy for the region's business initiatives.
- Hire and performance manage District Support including operations and field technical labor.
- Develops and/or refines programs and processes aligned with H&R Block corporate priorities and business objectives.
- Oversee the ordering of supplies by District Support ensuring adherence to budget; effective distribution and sufficient quantities to ensure successful tax season execution.
- Coordinate and monitor the deployment and allocation of field hardware to be ordered and disposed of each year; including the management and coordinated network and telecom cabling upgrades.
- Manages the flow of relevant and accurate business information to market area and area leadership team. Generates and provides reports as required, Common Database management.
- Coordinate with District Support for labor staffing management.
- Responsible for budget and cost center management of operations and field technology. Responsible for the cost effectiveness and quality of facilities management service and technology assets; continues to enhance the program.
- Assist in executing the network optimization plan as well as managing the office upgrade plans for the area.
- Collaborates with the external vendors/firms, internal support departments, District Support, and Seasonal Associates, on retail office upgrade programs and the existing office improvements.
- Ensures consistent office appearance, technology setup and shutdown, quality assurance, targeted timeline, and cost standards.
- Prioritizes locations, coordinates installations, manages program budget for interior and exterior signage programs in partnership with Marketing, Enterprise Sourcing and Corporate Finance.
- Manages compliance projects and processes, including the 8633 process.
- Coordinate and manage the annual technology equipment inventory process in field offices.
- Responsible for territory sourcing and supplies procurement and distribution as appropriate.
- Facilitates Tax Training School logistics and assists w/ call center operations, including, but not limited to: integration of class schedules at the divisional level and class room set up.
- Assists in the planning, logistics and follow up for area, market and regional meetings.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Knowledge of H&R Block Field US Tax organization, systems and processes.
- Budgeting and cost center management, project management
- Ability to lead virtually
- Real estate/facilities management experience
- IT infrastructure, creation/provision of technical training, knowledge of architecture and operation of HRB Tax Operations application suite
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's Degree or core education and experience to anticipate territory operation and technical needs.
- 5-8 years retail / retail operations knowledge; with 2-3 years of direct management of associates, hardware/software support and troubleshooting in a stand-alone and/or networked environment.
- Multi task management skills, ability to lead change and influence others.
- Ability to work independently, ability to manage multi-project workload; strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft networking technology and Microsoft Office applications