What you'll do...
Provide telecom support to multiple districts in accordance with CSC-KC and Market guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain phone equipment inventory and phone line inventories including but not limited to line features (Call forwarding, voicemail, hunt lines).
- Maintain broadband inventories (Type of connection and speed).
- Order new phone systems for offices and coordinate installation.
- Coordinate the removal and/or relocation of phone systems from closed offices.
- Coordinate all requests for voicemail systems, remote call forwarding and call forwarding.
- Order broadband connectivity for offices and coordinate installation.
- Order Wireless devices and maintain inventory.
- Review/audit phone line billing to ensure accuracy of the office inventory.
- Review and audit broadband billing and wireless billing to ensure accuracy.
- Work closely with Field Technology Managers to inspect office phone lines and equipment during pre-season activities to ensure office readiness.
- Troubleshoot and consult with various vendors, service carriers, District Managers, Field Managers, technicians and office staff to analyze and resolve telecom issues.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and support telephone systems/lines in company-owned field offices by phone and e-mail.
- Coordinate between vendors, office staff and field technicians to accomplish resolution.
- Audit phone lines to ensure compliance with company phone line standards.
- Ensure regular communication with District Managers and Field Technology on support issues and needs.
- Audit internet costs to eliminate duplicates and investigate cost variances.
- Provide technical documentation on infrastructure and telecommunications related procedures.
- Train associates on phone system/line features.
- Monitor email and Clarify tickets for all telecom technical issues.
- Possess basic DSL modem and router knowledge to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors including but not limited to major and smaller phone service providers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and national phone system installers.
- Coordinate phone wiring installation between vendors, field managers and technology managers.
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Requirements
- High School diploma (or equivalent) or technical training.
- Experience using computer systems.
- Demonstrate competence in MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access).
- Demonstrate problem solving, decision-making and analytical abilities.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently. Prioritize and maintain work load.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively work under strict deadlines, while organizing multiple priorities.
- 2 years experience ordering phone lines and phone system equipment.
- 1 year experience managing and auditing phone line billing.
- 1 year experience managing and auditing broadband billing.
- 1 year experience with phone systems.
- Experience in dealing with local exchange carriers and familiarity with telecom terminology
- 2 years experience with Nortel phone systems.
- 1 years networking/telecomm experience.
- 2 years troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with dispatching.
- Experience processing vendor invoices.
- Familiarity with low voltage standards.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years Minimum related work experience