What you'll do...
Responsible for researching, developing, implementing, and on-going support of Fraud initiatives and Emerald Card fraud oversight. Lead fraud program enhancements and efficiencies by partnering with vendors, operations, IT, and other key stakeholders. Support business initiatives and growth related to prepaid card program while ensuring proper fraud controls are in place. Communicate with and support various vendor relationships. Ensure that program goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively engage with vendors and internal stakeholders to provide continued enhancements to reduce fraud risk and exposure.
- Ensure seamless implementation of enhanced fraud controls into H&R Block systems in order to prevent fraud on new financial product offerings.
- Actively manage Emerald Card fraud decline rules with external vendor.
- Determine action plan for Emerald Cards involved in external data breaches and present recommendations to Directors. Execute approved plans.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of fraud strategies and lead necessary improvements.
- Assist with planning and evaluating business impacts while defining opportunities to optimize client experience.
- Report on and conduct internal fraud monitoring and investigations.
- Work closely with Product Teams and external stakeholders to proactively identify risks and solutions for new financial products and services.
- Assist in the development and execution of processes to enhance revenue while reducing losses.
- Quantify risk measures and communicate strategies to upper management.
- Conduct big data analysis to understand program performance, provide suggested enhancements, and drive ad hoc projects.
- Monitor and manage the completion of multiple projects related to fraud prevention and detection.
- Partner with fraud team to ensure timely responses are provided to external partners and internal teams.
- Independently pull data sets and quantify results and recommendations to management.
- Provide support as needed to fraud team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, or other related field.
- Preferred: MBA, MSA, CPA, CFE
- 7-10 years of business experience.
- 5 years of program management experience.
- Program management experience leading large programs that involve significant business change.
- Experience in analytics techniques, identifying trends and patterns in data, and applying relevant analytical and statistical methods to evaluate and solve problems.
- Background in fraud, audit and/or other risk management environment.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Excel experience necessary.
- Demonstrated track record of completing projects with little oversight, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Familiarity with compliance (BSA, Patriot Act) and governance issues.
- Advanced oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills to communicate with and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Strong supervisory and management skills and ability to oversee and support tasks delegated to other team members.
- SQL Database knowledge/experience
- Card base experience
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
Card Base Experience
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 8 years Minimum related work experience