The primary responsibility of the Fraud Analysis Specialist is to monitor, retrieve and analyze data in order to detect fraud, policy violations and shrink within the company. When fraud is detected, it is the Specialist's responsibility to prepare the evidence for use by the Regional Loss Prevention Auditors and Division Loss Prevention Managers in their investigation and possibly for subsequent criminal proceedings.
Essential Job Functions
- Review company-wide operating data in an effort to detect fraud and shrink issues.
- Communicate results of data findings to the Fraud Analysis Manager and the field for investigation.
- Gather and prepare evidence for criminal prosecution.
- Daily review of Fraud Alerts from the eCommerce site.
- Weekend on-call for Fraud Alerts for the eCommerce site from home.
- Assist in the development of new ideas for detecting fraudulent activity and shrink.
- Create, update and distribute various reports.
- Assist the field with the case and audit tracking system.
- Work as a liaison between the Loss Prevention Team and several departments including Information Technology.
- Assist other departments as requested.
- Other projects as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
- Minimum of two years of office experience.
- Understanding of fraud techniques.
- Ability to perform several different tasks under stringent deadlines with minimal daily supervision.
- O'Reilly store experience or familiarity with store procedures preferred.
- Loss Prevention experience preferred.
- Data and Query Knowledge preferred.
- Computer software knowledge of MicroStrategy, Domo, Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Ability to organize large amounts of data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.