Come join one of the largest transportation organizations in all of North America!
First Group America is currently hiring for a Risk Finance Manager. This individual will be a core member of management who is the financial and numerical conscience for Risk & Insurance team for both fixed costs and retained losses.
This is a great opportunity to enhance your skill set, grow and contribute with a dynamic company.
Risk Finance Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Provide advice and guidance to Divisions, GID and VPRI on all aspects of the financial management of the NA self-insurance and insurance programmes including the budget and forecasting process for NA insurance – ensuring alignment with divisional finance teams at all times
- Lead on Group Insurance reporting requirements, act as a critical sounding board for KPI development, standard reporting, and TPA performance management.
- Monitor incurred developments and update management on balance sheet. p&l and cashflow implications
- Maintain an accurate history of exposure data used in renewals and shared with insurers. Control and own the renewal data collation process for renewal and interim market updates
- Periodically share reporting insight on claims and cost drivers to influence divisional leadership in targeting claim defensibility and risk/safety management.
- Own the Insurance Pricing Bid model, ensuring costs and trends are regularly reviewed and updated. Support for non-standard insurance pricing requirements.
- Own any budget & forecast models provided to the divisions to forecast/budget insurance costs
- Seek opportunities to optimize insurance overhead costs and build business cases when required, to support investment and other key decisions
- Build and maintain an historical data of all key TCOR elements, including insurer loss ratio performance (require retrospective investigation).
- Monitor high value loss developments to inform the budgeting, forecasting and provisioning process
- Responsible for NIIC scorecard and regulatory filing requirements
- Other responsibility as required and requested
Risk Finance Manager Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5/10 years post qualified experience. Prior experience within insurance environment beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent reporting skills, detailed knowledge and high capability on MS Excel, MS office, ideally familiar data
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills, able to effectively communicate complex financial/analytical concepts to empower non-finance colleagues.
- Analytical, methodical, astute attention to detail, the ability to identify & resolve issues.
- Flexible, ability to meet deadlines and work unsupervised.
- Exposure to insurance, claims and/or actuarial modelling is a benefit.
Apply/submit a resume today, for an exciting and challenging position within the First Family!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status