At Chevron Stations Inc. (CSI), we sell gasoline and convenience products at our retail stations. We are looking for hard working people who value safety, enjoy working as a team and have a positive work attitude. The perfect fit for our team is self-motivated, dependable and able to work effectively & safely in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus.
The Assistant Station Manager (ASM) assists the Station Manager (SM) in the overall operations of the retail facility, to meet and/or exceed performance and profit goals according to company objectives. These include but are not limited to: safety, compliance and providing work direction of staff. The AM role models and demonstrates the company's core values of safety, diversity, inclusion, integrity and trust.
- Assist Station Manager in the day-to-day operations of the retail facility.
- Maintain oversight of station operations and staff in the Station Manager's absence.
- Provide work direction, motivation and coaching to staff during shifts to ensure assigned tasks are completed in accordance with CSI's guidelines and expectations.
- Support and adhere to execution of established safety, security, quality guidelines, as well as all other CSI policies, procedures, practices, and programs. Respond to accidents or incidents in a professional and timely manner, including escalating to Station Manager or Business Consultant as appropriate.
- Understand the importance of and ensure all station employees comply with company wage & hour requirements.
- Support and adhere to CSI's cash/money handling and accountability processes.
- Preserve safety of self, fellow employees, and all others in the work location by utilizing the CSI Loss Prevention process. Role-model safe behaviors.
- Maintain courteous, professional contact with co-workers, customers, vendors and community at large.
- Reliable and predictable attendance.
- Perform all duties of Customer Service Representative (CSR) as needed.
Principal duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide work direction to staff during shifts to ensure station operations are covered including, but not limited to customer service, stocking, cleaning, and food-service.
- Assist with product inventory management. This includes but is not limited to:
- Coordinate with other stations to limit out-of-stocks in station across the zone.
- Follow CSI guidance to ensure correct volume and products in stores. Conduct mini-audits, as requested, to ensure accurate stock levels.
- Support and adhere to CSI's cash/money handling and accountability processes; comply with Loss Prevention processes; effectively utilize all transactional equipment (cash registers, electronic safe,
- lottery, fuel, phone card, EBT, and credit card, etc.) to efficiently process customer transactions. Provide assistance/training to CSRs as needed.
- Use, operate, clean, and maintain cleanliness of all food service equipment (coffee, fountain drink machine, frozen beverages, iced tea, hot dog grille, microwave, etc.). Provide assistance to CSRs as needed
- Inform Station Manager of any issues or concerns that might affect the store's customer service, safety record, profitability, or adherence to any Company's Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure self, station personnel and contractors on shift comply with CSI's safety standards; use appropriate personal protective equipment as required.
- Use various computer programs to support daily operations of the store. Complete daily/weekly administrative tasks regarding retail & gas sales, compliance, daily paperwork, deliveries, invoice processing, etc.
- In the absence of Station Manager, keep Business Consultant informed of station operations and issues.
- Perform job duties of a CSR and other duties as needed or assigned by Station Manager or Business Consultant.
- Understand the importance of and ensure all station employees understand and comply with the company wage & hour guidelines.
- Support and role-model CSI's core values of safety, diversity, inclusion, integrity and trust.
Skills and experience include but are not limited to:
- Previous experience in a fast-paced retail, food service or fuel environment, including cash handling and customer service experience.
- Demonstrated experience operating a cash register, computer console, and other related equipment, tools and computer software programs & applications.
- Knowledge and application of proper sanitation and safety requirements associated with food storage and serving.
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays, based on business needs.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle challenging situations professionally, exercising good judgement.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Rare, limited to required training, zone/district training or coverage for nearby stations.
Physical demands include but are not limited to:
- Perform the following continuously throughout the shift: walking and standing, sometimes on hard and uneven surfaces, reaching, grasping and pushing buttons.
- Perform the following frequently throughout the shift: bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching below waist.
- Continuously lift weights up to 10lbs; occasionally lift weights up to 35lbs. Follow the team-lift concept if objects are too heavy or awkward.
- Work safely with equipment that can create and hold very high temperatures while always using appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Periodic exposure to all outdoor conditions.
- Periodic exposure to cleaning supplies and chemicals, salt, spill absorbents, etc.
- Occasional exposure to walk-in coolers at 34 F.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, CSI reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.