What you'll do...
H&R Block, the world's leader in tax services, is looking for a high performing District General Manager (DGM). The District General Manager is key member of the field leadership team responsible for leading a geographic district of H&R Block retail tax offices and growing their customer base.
The District General Manager leads and manages the district by establishing and maintaining strategic sales plans, prioritization and project management leading to operational excellence. In addition, the District General Manager ensures that policies and procedures are implemented and followed in each office to increase revenues, control expenses, and promote client satisfaction through a consistent and positive experience. Additionally, the District General Manager is responsible for accelerating business growth through implementation of business plan, marketing, and identification of growth opportunities and efficiently managing labor to ensure maximum productivity and profitability.
As a District General Manager, you will recruit and onboard high caliber, top performing leadership talent for key district positions. In addition, you will support office leaders with hiring initiatives and end-to-end performance management of office level associates. You will support office leaders by coaching and elevating performance standards of associates through goal setting and providing timely feedback. As the champion of our culture, you will ensure all office associates are focused on connecting with our clients to provide a welcoming and personalized service.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills that apply to all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer relationship skills with the desire and proven ability to work in a diverse work setting.
- Effective management of field personnel to include a working knowledge of organizational planning techniques including the development of goals and objectives, staffing, and work standards.
- 5 years Minimum related work experience
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system.
- Willingness to work irregular schedules.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze data, plan, and coordinate multiple projects and work initiatives while meeting deadlines.