What you'll do...
Provides technical PC, peripheral, network and software break-fix, on-site, phone, chat and off-phone for retail tax offices worldwide enabling end users to operate efficiently and effectively. Utilizes software solutions, knowledge base, personal knowledge, and computer systems to resolve and track user incidents. Effectively opens and works support requests and escalates to the appropriate people/team as necessary. Effectively communicates and assists clients regarding their technical support issues. Serve as a liaison between business partners, Lead FST/CSM and TSC to identify and resolve problems.
Day to day you'll
- Coordinate the setup, shutdown and support of PC hardware and software for H&R Block's field company offices in compliance with instructions provided by CSC
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and support field systems in company-owned field offices by phone, chat and on-site visits.
- Help troubleshoot/support FR offices by phone and chat.
- Maintain an inventory of district resources. Maintain hot spare tracking and control for computer equipment in the district.
- Ensure essential communication with Business Partners and Lead Field Systems Technician/Company Support Manager on support issues and needs.
- Maintain network and telephone systems in company offices.
- Document hardware problems and their resolution within the ticketing system.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Remote into and/ or control desktops to resolve technical issues.
- Follow established processes and procedures to work cases and handle inquiries to resolve office and associate issues.
- Maintain a technical working knowledge of product or products supported by the department.
- Handle Field contacts while ensuring quality measurement procedures, and work instructions are maintained within policy guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Windows Environment, Windows network configurations and MS Office (or equivalent)
- Access to and ability to drive a motor vehicle; possession of a valid driver's license; adequate insurance coverage as required by applicable state law and a good driving record.
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated organization, prioritization and project coordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot computer hardware, networks and systems.