What you'll do...
At H&R Block, your contributions will go far beyond any job description. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
As a seasonal Customer Support Specialist for our DIY Help Desk team, provides advanced client support by communicating via phone, email or chat with external clients requiring assistance of information on the DIY online and software tax products.
This position allows for remote work and we offer shift differential pay for mid, evening and weekend shifts.
Day to day, you'll
- Take inbound calls to assist clients with questions or incidents related to the DIY Online and Software tax products.
- Use specialized validating/verifying security protocols to ensure the identity of the client.
- Interpret client needs and utilize software solutions and troubleshooting skills to identify practical solutions.
- Utilize software solutions, knowledge base, and computer systems to resolve and track user incidents.
- Identify potential security issues and escalate issues appropriately to business partners, including partnering with developers and other lines of business.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in an inbound call center environment
- Two years of experience supporting Microsoft operating systems, networking connectivity, computer peripheral equipment and software applications
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly on the telephone, email and chat and to use effective customer service techniques with clients who may be under stress
- Effectively demonstrate oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of associates
- Prefer two or more years of experience in an in-bound help desk role and/or call center environment