What you'll do...
- Play a key engineering role in the enterprise adoption of Azure Public Cloud offerings (Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), PaaS SQL, Cosmos, Application Service Environment (ASE), Service Bus, SignalR, Redis, IaaS VMs, etc).
- Stay ahead of the Microsoft Azure product lifecycle for new and existing PaaS offerings by performing proof of concept and other efforts to vet new technology.
- Contribute to engineering efforts in Azure DevOps and CI/CD pipelines that leverage Terraform Infrastructure as Code (IaC) templates and modules. Further advance automation efforts towards delivery of an enterprise self-service cloud resource provisioning solution to be used by Enterprise DevOps teams.
- Design, deploy, manage and operate scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Automate deployment, configuration, monitoring, and ongoing support tasks for Cloud Environments, Operating Systems - RedHat Linux, Microsoft Windows Server
- Work directly with App/Dev teams to further automate infrastructure build and app deployments
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing seasonal demand
- Work closely with App/Dev in the adoption of new MS Azure Cloud features and services, including execution of technology proof of concepts, pilots and production deployments
- Help lead incorporation of DevOps into daily engineering and operations
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Effectively coordinate support escalation communication; participate in the development and maintenance of appropriate project technical documentation including design, configuration, and installation
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
- 2+ years of systems administrator experience; preferably in Public Cloud or large Enterprise Level Data Centers
- 2+ Cloud and automation experience
- 2+ years working with Cloud orchestration and automation
- 3-5 years working with Cloud platforms - Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- 3-5 years working knowledge with Cloud service provider technologies (Microsoft Azure preferred, or AWS)
- Technical skills in Server operating systems (Windows and Linux) including Administration, Clustering, and Powershell
- Programmatic skills that leverage languages and scripting.
- Knowledge and experience with CI/CD concepts.
- Knowledge of automation, orchestration and configuration management technologies such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack and advanced scripting knowledge with Python, Powershell, Bash, VBScript or equivalent.
- Technical knowledge across various disciplines to resolve complex infrastructure integration issues and problems and interface with multiple vendors to coordinate resolution of issues.
- Experience operating in a large enterprise environment and understanding of implementation of systems at scale.
- Strong communications and teaming skills.
- Ability to operate in an agile, fast paced environment.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 5 years Minimum related work experience