What you'll do...
This is a blended role position requiring good basic IT technical skills working in an IT asset repair facility and the ability to function in a warehouse environment when needed for shipping, receiving, and general warehouse task while maintaining a high level of detail. You will be responsible for testing functionality in new and repaired hardware products to ensure a high level of quality. You will thoroughly understand the function of the product or product area (end to end) from the customer perspective. Ensures that the software and hardware functions as specified in the Quality Control Process documents. Responsible for testing assigned feature areas and their interaction with other product features. You will enter defects in the defect tracking system to document errors found in the product. You will work between two main areas of the business. The main responsibility for this position will be Quality Control while sharing responsibility with the daily function of the warehouse to cover business needs for shipping, receiving, inventory, and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- Quality Control-Primary
- Test repaired hardware in compliance with relevant organizational and industry standards.
- Creates clearly documented defect reports that enable a developer or technician to recreate the defect. May clear defect reports.
- Maintain and update test documentation, user guides, release notes, and help notes to ensure accuracy of applications and related documentation.
- Executes end-to-end functional tests and utilizes automated tests developed by others to exercise systems. Collaborates to achieve end-to-end product and process quality.
- Information, analysis and recommendations to support the product.
- Understands the business needs the product is trying to meet and applies this understanding to guide testing. Applies a comprehensive understanding of the product functions and the marketplace in which it is sold effectively test assigned products
- Create work plans for own deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- Warehouse- Secondary
- Shipping and Receiving using the proprietary internal inventory software, requiring exceptional attention to detail.
- Use and understand the UPS World Ship shipping tools.
- Create and dispatch BOL for specific freight shipments and courier shipments.
- Inventory functions, ability to follow established processes to achieve required results, weekly, quarterly, and yearly.
- Scanning related asset bar codes or Serial numbers into the inventory management system.
- Boxing, unboxing, loading, unloading, stacking assets, labeling, scrapping.
- Forklift operator.
- Blow out of received assets.
- General warehouse duties, cleaning, stretch wrap, taping, boxing, etc.
TEAM / LEADERSHIPSKILLS
- Demonstrates a team player attitude -- promotes/fosters a positive work environment and maintains good working relationships. Consistently uses a collaborative approach to problem solving. Shares knowledge/information with team members
- Effectively participate on and sometimes lead cross-functional testing activities for legacy features. Share best-practices with other QA organizations.
- Regularly interact with peers and leads regarding assigned project tasks.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Ability to lift 75 pounds consistently
- UPS-WorldShip and FedEx shipping software
What you'll bring to the team...
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Warehouse Experience
- Basic understanding of software lifecycle principles and techniques
- Working knowledge of the software testing processes
- Understands the product from the customer end-to-end point of view
- Communicates effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Good email skills, Teams tools, general understanding of inventory software
- Forklift Certification (must be able to attain certification, (internal instruction and testing)
- Good understanding of OSHA rules and requirements, (internal instruction)
- Experience using automation test tools or simulators
- Experience using test case or defect tracking tools
- Strong analytical and written communication skills