Manager on Duty
A position filled by a craft employee with initiative and demonstrated leadership ability. In the absence of management, the Crew Chief assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Manager. The Crew Chief continues all responsibilities of the craft position works, in addition to the responsibilities listed below.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To assist in directing employees in all phases of operation, to achieve high standards of food preparation and presentation, service to guests, general cleanliness, and pleasant atmosphere in accordance with all standard operating procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in ensuring that all personnel, equipment, and supplies are prepared and ready to meet the needs of the business. Assist in assigning employee duties and responsibilities and encouraging teamwork.
- Inform all employees of new menu items, specials, and promotional materials to ensure complete understanding of food preparation and service.
- Assist in conducting orientation and training for new employees and give refresher training to current employees, when needed. Supervise employee performance and conduct in accordance with company policies. Observe guest reactions to quality of food and service.
- Review all time cards (or time reports) daily as required by Unit Manager. Adjust schedule to meet the needs of the restaurant and keep overtime to an absolute minimum.
- Enforce portion control per Standard Operating Procedures Manuals. Check deliveries for proper quantity, quality, pricing, completeness of order, breakage, and spoilage. Maintain tight security.
- Control waste.
- Perform Administrative Procedures such as:
- Cash Receipts/Store Receipts
- Be responsible for register reading and daily sales reports.
- Reconcile cash receipts and store bank funds. Ensure that register or servers have sufficient change and bills prior to peak hours of business.
- Enforce company policy regarding check cashing.
- Perform other assignments or as needed or which may be assigned the Unit Manager or Assistant Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and or/ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must be able to communicate verbally in English to employees and guests and read English for menus, guest checks, notices, instructions, safety labels, etc. Employee must be able to interact with people in a friendly, courteous manner.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Prior experience or training is desired, but may not be required.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write guest checks and simple correspondence. Ability to read and speak English well enough to communicate with guests, understand guest checks and instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers,fractions, percents, decimals, discounts, and cash counting.