Associate Merchandise Specialist (Full-Time)
Interested in working for a business recognized as a Star Tribune Top Workplace in Minnesota the past five years? Want the opportunity to gain experience in corporate merchandising? If so, this may be the job for you!
This will be a remote/work from home position until at least the end of 2020 as a Drop Ship Merchant in Northern Tool's Merchandising Department.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To act as a liaison between vendors, customers, and Merchandise Managers to assist and support the efficient handling of the drop ship process. Proactively monitoring and influencing vendor compliance to company standards.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Supports the drop ship program for all assigned vendors providing clear direction to ensure conformity to company standards and processes to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Seeks assistance from co-workers in compiling and analyzing reports to monitor and measure assigned vendors performance within the drop ship program. Actively working with vendors to resolve issues discovered. Identifies problematic items and vendors, keeping direct Manager and the Merchandise Manager informed of status and progress.
- Is a point of contact for vendors in their inquiries about Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and portal drop ship order processing.
- Researches customer inquiries and communicates with vendors to determine the most efficient and economical resolution for the company and customer. Documents resolution and all actions taken.
- Investigates order delays and notifies customers of backorders and anticipated fill dates. Initiates the process of updating item availability on-line or determines to temporarily remove the item. Follows up with the vendor as fill date approaches.
- Processes order cancel, change, refund or return requests with vendors electronically; follows up with vendors to ensure timely resolution for the customer.
- Traces drop ship orders with vendors and freight carriers, documents shipping information, and reports status to external customers in a courteous professional manner.
- Updates individual purchase orders with cost revisions within tolerance set by Drop Ship Manager and retransmits purchase orders to vendors to minimize delays in processing while communicating error to Merchant.
- Communicates drop ship request status and resolution directly to customers in both oral and written forms.
- Answers telephone and in-person inquiries regarding drop ship orders and procedures from Merchandise Managers, customers, vendors and other departments (e.g. Contact Center, Transportation, Credit Marketing).
- Provides feedback to improve the customer experience within the drop ship program.
- Participates in regularly scheduled key meetings within Merchandising, such as the monthly Business review, and provides feedback on performance and areas of potential improvement in vendor meetings.
- Keeps Supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- High School education or equivalent required.
- At least 1 year of merchandising or customer service work experience preferred.
- Familiarity in using the Microsoft Office applications especially with Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of hardline tools and equipment preferred.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to maintain high quality standards with limited supervision.
- Ability to keep multiple projects on schedule simultaneously.
- Strong decision-making ability.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of Company and vendor personnel.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool Equipment's 12 Core Competencies.
Apply Online Below